Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

myRIO connects over USB but the target won't respond over WiFi anymore

Solved!
Go to solution

Hey all,

I set up the myRIO and got it operating over WiFi a couple of days ago. It was working yesterday morning but then later in the day it stopped working and is still not working. USB still works great, but the WiFi deployment sequence times out and aborts because the myRIO won't respond to the computer. MAX tells me that the device is broadcasting the network. My computer says that it's connected (with no internet access). I've tried recreating a new network and used multiple channels, reformatted the myRIO disk and reconfigured everything again, restarted my computer which is just fine connecting to the internet in general.... just about everything I know to do but perhaps someone knows what I'm missing? Thanks for reading this far and thanks in advance for any suggestions anyone may have.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,480 Views)

Hello!

What happens when you try setting up the WiFi through the NI Web-based Configuration and Monitoring interface?

This help page walks through how to use that interface:

(Creating Wireless Networks Using NI myRIO (myRIO Toolkit))

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/373925B-01/myriohelp/myrio_creating_wireless_networks/

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,384 Views)

SalazarJ,

Thanks for your message! Everything appears to work just fine when I do that. I've attached a picture of an example network I just created to show what happens. Succesful_example_network_creation.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,381 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author spencer_f_17

I have solved the problem. I did not change the IP address of the myRIO in the properties of the project. I have pictures attached for anyone else who may have this problem.

project.JPGproperties.JPG

Message 4 of 4
(3,372 Views)