Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

myDAQ not working after updating Mac OS to High Sierra?

I updated my iMac to the High Sierra OS, and installed the latest NI-DAQmx for myDAQ driver. The driver seemed to install fine, and the system seems to recognize the myDAQ device, indicating that the self-test succeeded. But when I attempt the loopback test, it gives an error indicating that "NI-DAQmx is unable to communicate with the device." (Error -200324)

Any hints as to what is wrong? The same test worked fine some time ago, before I updated the OS.

Message 1 of 13
(6,367 Views)

RLSprouse,

Are these the steps that you followed?

Using the NI myDAQ with Mac OS

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z000000P72ySAC

I noticed that it said the driver isn’t necessarily supported in High Sierra, but it might work.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(6,339 Views)

Yes, this is the procedure I followed. One question: The error message I receive says to make sure the device is not reserved by another driver such as Traditional NI-DAQ (Legacy). How do I determine if the old driver is active, and make sure the old driver is deleted?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(6,316 Views)

RLSprouse,

I found this about how to handle having traditional NI-DAQ (Legacy) and NI-DAQmx:

Can I Use Traditional NI-DAQ (Legacy) and NI-DAQmx at the Same Time?

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/890B0DA164567EAD86257AAE0057E1E2

What are you doing when it gives you that error message?

What does your device look like in NI MAX?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(6,310 Views)

At this point, I can't do anything with the myDAQ under High Sierra. I reinstalled the NI-DAQmx for myDAQ driver, and when I go to the System Preferences panel and click the NI myDAQ icon, I get a window saying "System Preferences quit unexpectedly while using the nipalu plug-in.

Yesterday I was able to get things working running Windows 8.1 under Parallels. But that's not the way I want to work. I wish you folks would dedicate a little more resource on Mac support.

Thanks for your consideration.

Message 5 of 13
(6,286 Views)

I am also desperately trying to get myDAQ working on a mac with the High Sierra OS. Is there any progress with this topic?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(6,266 Views)

Can anyone from NI comment on the possibility of updating myDaq drivers for osx?

Message 7 of 13
(6,158 Views)

See this article: Installing NI Driver on MacOS High Sierra Causes Kernel Panic

From <https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z0000019MguSAE>

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(5,809 Views)

Any news on this?

I am running OS X 10.13.4 and my myDAQ is not being detected by the utility tool:

Screen Shot 2018-06-16 at 23.26.39.png

My installation procedure was as follows:

1. Install LabVIEW

2. Install NI-DAQmx for myDAQ

After this, clicking the NI myDAQ utility in System Preferences caused the System Preferences program to crash. 

3. Install ni daqmx base

After this, I was able to open the NI myDAQ utility in System Preferences, however the device isn't being detected

4. Install NI-DAQmx for myDAQ again

Same as before, no progress

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(5,260 Views)

Hi zceejkr,

Unfortunately, NI-DAQmx is only supported on Mac OS X v10.9.x (x86_64) and v10.10.x (x86_64). What you could do is try using a computer with one of these versions of Mac OS or try using a computer running Windows.

I hope this helps,

Marti

Marti H.
ELP Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(5,240 Views)