From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running arm-7a cross compiled c++ program in myrio-1900 via putty

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, 

I am trying to run a c++ program cross compiled in linux machine in myrio-1900 via ssh connection through putty. It suppose to create a tcp socket communication. The program works in raspberry don't understand why it doesn't work in myRio. The raspberry is cross compiled using its compiler and myRio-1900 is cross compiled using "cross compiler GNU C & C++ Compilers for ARMv7 Linux (Linux host) 2014-2016"

Is there an architecture difference limiting my program from running? Am I missing any extra settings?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,553 Views)

There is most likely a difference between the architecture from the raspberry and myRIO. As well as how the raspberry compiles versus NI's compiler. 

When you say "doesn't work", what do you mean here? Are you not able to compile it? Are there errors when you try to run the program? Can you elaborate on what is happening a little more?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,508 Views)

Hi Sekine108,

I was able to cross compile the c++ program using the linux host cross compiler recommended by NI without any errors. I copied the .so's and executable inside myRio and tried to execute it in terminal. The program throws error and won't run. The program suppose to read a file before it starts. At that point it throws a error and says cannot register tcp instance. I am sure there is no programming error because the same programs runs fine when cross compiled using raspberry compiler and used with raspberry. Also programs runs in a debian linux machine. Don't understand why it fails in myRio(NI Linux Real Time OS).

I was expecting the program inside myRio to run via terminal. Is there any settings or software needed to be installed in NI Linux OS to work like other Linux OS(debian)? Can I run a c++ executable program in myRio by using putty? 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,500 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author shebin

I do not think there is any other software that would be put on the myRIO for this. You can connect to the RT through Putty, but I am unsure if this will yield any different results unless your program is limited to running through the terminal.

Access Shell on NI Linux RT:
http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/9822A3A39B1D0CBB86257C55006B962A

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,478 Views)