Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Options for myRIO storage

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello, I am going to be flying a myRIO on a high altitude balloon and using the accelerometer to study turbulence in the atmosphere. I'll need to run the FPGA target and store acceleration data for about two hours, then upload the data to a computer. I've had some experience with labview but none with the myRIO itself.

I have power, but am having trouble figuring out how to get the target to start running independent from a computer.

Also, I'm not sure what tool to use to store data on the myRIO.
If someone knows of a support page or an example similar to this that would really help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,854 Views)

This is my block diagram so far. I got it to write to a text file on a flash drive connected to the myRIO, but for some reason it only writes a single time. I thought the loop may have been running too fast so I added a wait function of half a second, but it didn't fix the problem. My guess is I'm missing something obvious but I can't think of what that might be.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,797 Views)

So I have now added a blinking LED to show the program is executing, mainly for when I'm in the field and have no computer. It still only writes one line of data each time I hit run no matter how long I keep it running, but the LED seems to blink every second which is good. 

I'm still trying to figure out if this VI is in the right place within the project so the myRIO will run it away from the computer when I launch the balloon. I'm attaching a picture of the updated block diagram and the project explorer window.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,790 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author bola1942

Hello, 

I am linking some documentation that could be useful to you. The first discusses how programmatically launch a VI or an executable on a Real-Time controller. Let me know if this documentation provides usefulness to your application. I am also providing a link to a NI example page that discusses Continuous acquisition of data and then writing it to a spreadsheet file. 

Link: How Can I Programmatically Launch an Executable or VI on a Real-Time Controller?

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/A7DBA869C000B5AE862570B2007C4170

Link: Continuous Acquire & Graph Voltage - Write Data to Spreadsheet File (CSV)

http://www.ni.com/example/30345/en/

Let me know if either one of this documents help you with your project! 

Regards, 

Shezaan Noorani

Message 4 of 5
(3,757 Views)

I looked them over and they should help, thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,749 Views)