Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Myrio real time memory

Hi,

i was was researching on erasing files associated with real time projects on the myrio. I found topics on the FPGA going through and the fact that only one FPGA program can be install at a time but it seems like you can have multiple real time targets. When going into the directory of the myrio through the IP address I see where my real time target is at but it seems like it is installed at 3 locations (directory). Also there are a a lot of sub folders. My questions are:

1) is there a way to view all real time target programs installed, select and delete? Via MAX? Program?

2) if I went though the IP, do I delete all three of those real time target?

3) what the most efficient way to do a clean install. I.E., format and reinstall the standard system files on the myrio. 

Thanks,

guilio

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(5,496 Views)

On the topic of formatting the myRIO, I found a previous forum post that lays out how to format and reinstall the system files to your myRIO.

(cRIO 9023 setting factory default)

http://forums.ni.com/t5/Real-Time-Measurement-and/cRIO-9023-setting-factory-default/m-p/3273655#M166...

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(5,468 Views)

I seen that article and figured that would be the formatting. I would just hate to have to go through that process each time I want to upload a new RT program. I know I don't have to, and I can store multiple RT projects but one thinking if the RT programs take up too much memory, then would there be a way to just delete the previous RT program. As mentioned, when I went through the directory, I seen it in 3 places. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(5,456 Views)

Following

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(5,442 Views)

You could right click on the VI in the project, select undeploy, then check if the VI is still present in those three locations on the myRIO

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(5,440 Views)

There is no undeploy in the drop down box. 

I did erase 2 real time farther files and it erase it from all 3 directories.  The issue though is my memory still isn't freeing up. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(5,433 Views)

I went ahead and did the format of the disk.  After format, memory was free.  It did not take long at all.  However, I reinstalled the software and the memory went down which I learned that the software is install on the device.  I always thought the software was stored on the computer and the myrio had hardcoded drivers/software for execution of the VI.  What takes down the memory is the software and not so much the VIs that are downloaded. 

Also, It seems like this go around, I apparently got more software installed on the device which took more memory.  Some of the software I have no idea what it exactly does, or if I need it, but my question is now geared to if I need the software, will Labview let me know?  For instance.  I have the NI-IMAQdx software for USB, USB3 and IP Camera Support.  I can take a guess on what these are for, but for now, I don't need them.  If I added in a USB Camera, will Labview let me know I need to update the software? 

Thanks,

TWK

Message 7 of 8
(5,398 Views)

LabVIEW would not directly let you know but if you're missing needed software, your device won't see the camera properly.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(5,389 Views)