From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interfacing Bluetooth module (HC-05) and myRIO.

I created an android app that sends data to Bluetooth module HC-05, so I want to receive that data by interfacing Bluetooth Module with myRIO. I need a vi that can read serial data from bluetooth modules using UART channel A. It works fine with arduino but I need to do it on myRIO. so please help me. I am attaching the code and Circuit connections( Tx of HC 05 to Tx of myRIO, Rx of HC 05 to Rx of myRIO, Vcc and gnd). I've even tried reversing Tx and Rx pins. But couldn't read data using myRIO.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,113 Views)

Greetings there´s an example to send and receive data using the Digilent PmodBT2 avaiable here https://learn.ni.com/teach/resources/88/bluetooth-module
I have donde it with the RN-42 XV, and also probe it with the HC-05 Module too, I have used that  example and modify it a little to send and receive data from an Android App sending the characters [ ;; ] from the app at the begining of the text to separate the text received in the VI, and the character [ ; ] from the VI to separate the data in the app. You have to connect TX to RX, and RX to TX.

I made this like the example in the connector B but is the same for connector A; just change the ASRL2 to ASRL1 in the VISA resource name.

Here are the conections I´ve use for the RN-42 and HC - 05 and the VI named "Main 5".
Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,545 Views)

Use this instead the Project shared before

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,531 Views)

hello,even i am making project based on bluetooth. i have given connections for the but when i open the vi it is giving error as file version is new cannot open in this version

my labview version is 2015

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,444 Views)

Greetings, I've downgraded it to LV 2013

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,426 Views)