From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI ELVIS

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configure NI Elvis II+ User Configurable I/O

Hi,

In the product description it says that Ni Elvis II+ has a user configurable I/O like the banana jacks and the d-sub connector. How i configure this? For instance i want to use the banana jack for analog input. There is no any information about how to do it in Ni Elvis guide and manuals. Please help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,866 Views)

Hi,

To configure the input and output on the board, you would go into the NI ELVISmx Instrument Launcher (Start-> All Programs -> National Instruments -> NI ELVISmx -> NI ELVISmx Instrument Launcher), choose what instrument you would like to simulate, and set the connection you would like to use.

As far as I can tell, the only configuration for the banana connectors seems to be wiring them on the breadboard to whichever channels you want; i.e. AI (Analog Input) or AO (Analog Output) channels. I cannot find a way to connect them to AI or AO via software. The point of the banana connectors is so that you can connect from the Device Under Test (DUT) to the NI ELVIS system.

As for configuring the AI or AO connections, you would do that in the Instrument's GUI from the NI ELVISmx Instrument Launcher referenced above.

This link has a breakdown of how to do basic setup with the NI ELVIS II device. Let me know if you have anymore questions

Thanks!

Timothy D.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,824 Views)