AWR Academic Community

This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
Highlighted

Simulate Enclosure Effect in microstrip circuits

Hello, i am a engineer student of Instituto Universitario Aeronautico (www.iua.edu.ar/fi). We are working with a free trial of AWR.

I am simulating a microstrip filter, and i have obtained very good results. Now, i want to simulate the effect of a "aluminum box" (i mean, a metal boundary o enclosure), because i plan to make the PCB of the filter, and then put it in a aluminum case with the SMA connectors outside.

I want to predict the effect of that enclosure to the filter (and in general, the effect of metal enclosure to any circuits (amplifiers, mixers, etc), because the most of circuits i made, i put in aluminum boxs in the end).

So, for that, should i use the EM Axiem simulation in MWO, or i have to use the Analyst for 3D simulation? (Analyst i don´t use ever, but i planning to learn to use soon if required). Do you have a video tutorial about this?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Darío.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(282 Views)
1 REPLY

Re: Simulate Enclosure Effect in microstrip circuits

Hi

you can find some on the official youtube using following link:

awr.tv

also if its accessible, the e learning portal is very well structured. It has all the training and tutorials.

http://www.awrcorp.com/support-resources/customer-resources/e-learning-overview

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(270 Views)
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.