AWR Academic Community

This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
Highlighted

Problem with Vendor Library

I run AWRDE version 10 and have installed vendor_local_10 to access vendor libraries. I am designing an RF low noise amplifier PCB using an FET. Unfortunately I cannot access most of the transistor models from the subnode 'AWR website' under the 'libraries' node. The another subnode 'vendor local' is empty so I presume there are no vendor libraries installed locally. I can only access some of the s-parameter data files of the transistors that are not sufficient for the designing. Only Philips Sjfet and Sedi's GaN HEMT are accessible.

When I searched about the available models on the respective vendor's website I cannot find Sjfet on NXP (formerly Philips semiconductor) and EGN004XM on Sedi's.

Can someone help me so that I can access all the models. I also want to know the present status about the availability of transistor models in the market from the other vendors. As I am an undergraduate engineering student I would like to know if the vendors provide free transistor samples to students or I'll have to purchase them online. If I get free sample then is it necessary to send my layout to the respective vendor's foundry only?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,272 Views)
3 REPLIES

Re: Problem with Vendor Library

After you install the local vendor library (by running the file you downloaded), you need to make a minor change to your "lib.xml" file (located in the main AWR installation folder under "Library").  Open this file in a text editor and find the line that starts with "<FILE Name=...".  Insert a line after this one that has the following:

<FILE Name="Local">full_path_to_vendor_library_top_v10_local_MWO.xml</FILE>

...where you replace the part with underscores with the fully qualified path (starting with the drive).  As an example, my new line says:

<FILE Name="Local">C:\Users\myName\AppData\Local\AWR\Design Environment\xml_local\top_v10_local_MWO.xml</FILE>

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,031 Views)

I changed the path in lib.xml file, still I cannot aceess the models. It seems like the installed files themselves do not contain the model data files.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,031 Views)

Hello –

Please send an email to support@awrcorp.com <mailto:support@awrcorp.com> and ask to forward to Mark S. In your email, please do the following:

Attach your lib.xml file

Attach a screen shot showing where your vendor library is installed (I want to see the “xml_local” folder)

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,031 Views)
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.