AWR Academic Community

This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
Highlighted

Exporting Variables after Circuit Optimization

Dear AWR users,

I have a simple RC-circuit. I've performed some optimization and my initial values for R and C elements have changed. I haven't found any useful info in NI AWR user guide and on the forum how to export the values (the ones shown in the list in Variables Browser).

I would very much appreciate if somebody can explain how to export the variables from the project after optimization? Preferably to export in format supported by text editors or MS Excel.

Best regards,

bionanosensor

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,900 Views)
2 REPLIES

Re: Exporting Variables after Circuit Optimization

There is no built in way to do this, there is no way to know exactly what format everyone wants for this.  The best way to approach this is to use the API to write a script that can loop through all the elements of a given schematic (assuming your design has no hierarch) and write out all the parameter values for each element to a file.   Here is a good starting point.  https://awrcorp.com/download/faq/english/scripts/AWRDE_Scripting_Wiki_Start_Page.aspx

As someone who has written many scripts, this is a fairly strightforward task.  We can help but will not write the script for you, so give it a try and ask if you have questions.  

AWR Support

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(758 Views)

Re: Exporting Variables after Circuit Optimization

Dear ryanawr,

thank you for guidance! I will give it a try.

best regards

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(758 Views)
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.