AWR Academic Community

This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
Highlighted

Compressed Smith chart

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to change the limits of the compressed smith chart? It seems to be fixed at -0.5 and -2 real circles and doesn't autosize.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,056 Views)
3 REPLIES

Re: Compressed Smith chart

What are you plotting?  The compressed view has pretty large limits.  Are you sure you want to plot whatever you are plotting on a Smith chart, and not a Polar graph?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(997 Views)

I am plotting the gamma for an oscillator design. Thus the absolute value of gamma at the oscillating frequency is pretty large and goes beyond the chart. I want to be able to see the frequency behavior.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(997 Views)

Just use a polar graph, they're arbitrarily scalable.  Then right-click > Graph Properties... > Markers tab, and you can choose how cursor/marker values are displayed on it.  For oscillators, I usually plot magnitude (in dB, if it varies a lot) and angle of gamma on opposite axes of a rectangular graph.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(997 Views)
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.