From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

AR Drone Toolkit for LabVIEW - LVH

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I acquire the video streaming format from AR Drone 2.0 for inline decoding?

Hey

I am currently working an a project in which I need aquire the image from the bottom camera of the AR.Drone v2.0.

I am using the LVH AR.Drone Toolkit. Everything is working fine I am getting video data but i never see the image and it gets stuck on processing in decode video.vi (The loop inside it never terminates)

Any idea how i can fix that?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(12,303 Views)

I had a similar problem. The video doesn't show up in LabVIEW however a new window opens where I can view the stream. Inside LabVIEW the TCP connection for the video stream seems to be inactive.

I think it could be the same problem, so please help if you (or anyone) finds a way to make this work

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(11,575 Views)

I have been reading about the modified toolkit......any idea about that?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(11,577 Views)

Found the modified kit

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-35691

But I'm having the same problem (error 1097) from the read video data, any help would be greatly appreciated

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(11,577 Views)

Thanks! I'll check it on Monday.

I will also try to see what could be wrong with decode video.vi

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(11,577 Views)

Hi!

The new version is full of bugs, has serious problems with a certain .dll... but it works!

Most probably you have noticed that the video and navigation loop are "killing each other". You have to put them in DIFFERENT VIs and connect them using a global front panel (using global variables) for the video stream. You can then make anything (eg. image processing with inline video) but in the other VI.

This way you can do almost anything.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(11,577 Views)

Has anyone applied vision assiatance to the video feed from AR.Drone?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(11,577 Views)

If you mean using the LabVIEW Vision Development module, than, yes, it's possible. Although you have to convert the video stream (basically the array) to the IMAQ format. Then you can use all kinds of image processing tools.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(11,577 Views)

hi 

I also have the same problem. My labview can't get the picture from the ar drone. I have tried the justin D's toolkit but i don't see anything on the VIPM. Can anyone tell me how to solve this problem?   

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(6,602 Views)