From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

AR Drone Toolkit for LabVIEW - LVH

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting NI Vision with AR Drone 2.0 Video Feed

Hey Guys!

I'm working on an image processing project with the AR Drone 2.0 and we're using the LabVIEW AR Drone toolkit and NI Vision libraries for LabVIEW.  However, because the toolkit for version 2.0 of the AR Drone uses ffplay instead of LabVIEW to show the feed, we were unable to figure out how to extract the feed in order to manipulate it. 

Any tips or starting point suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Anish

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(16,261 Views)

Hi Asimhal,

I have the same problem. If you have any idea we could try to develop it.

I think that it's neccesary to develop one interface with the ffmpeg library but it's not a short time development.

Best regards,

Jorge.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(11,126 Views)

HI,

I have the same problem.

I have solved this by first take images with ffmpeg, and than read the images with labview.

However this isn't the right solution.

Maybe a preprocessing component in C can help.

I read the problem was tackeld in C and in ROS, but not yet in labview.

kind regards

Matthijs

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(11,126 Views)

Hi guys,

I have just posted a BETA version of the toolkit which incorporates native LabVIEW 2.0 streaming.  Check it out and hopefully it will be of some help.

AR Drone Toolkit with native video in LabVIEW for AR Drone 2.0 BETA

Justin D
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
http://www.ni.com/support/
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(11,126 Views)

Hey my friend did your method work?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(11,126 Views)

My method and the method of JD_war_eagle both works,

There is some delay in the image, but I think that will always be the case when you are using ffmpeg. There is another difference in the standard toolkit and the adapted from JD_war_eagle and that is that the sequence number is included into the AR drone resource. But I think the program works great.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(11,126 Views)

Yes i have tried JD_war_eagle's method and it works, I was having a problem with error 55 UDP write but i have solved that problem now. The image being returned by this method is an RGB image? How is it possible to pull this image into NI vision development module? Does the image type have to be converted?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(11,126 Views)

Hi, i would like to know..is image processing possible for ar drone 2.0 using VAS?
because it seems that NI-IMAQDX devices under NI MAX cant seem to detect the camera.
If so, what else can I do for image processing for ar drone 2.0 video stream?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(11,126 Views)