From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

AR Drone Toolkit for LabVIEW - LVH

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AR Drone Toolkit with native video in LabVIEW for AR Drone 2.0 BETA

Hi everyone,

Originally it was my plan to incorporate native LabVIEW video streaming for the Drone 2.0 into the toolkit, but unfortunately my time working on the project ran short.  I also lost access to a Drone 2.0 for an extended period of time which made development impossible.

Given the amount of interest in streaming video natively from the 2.0, I recently picked back up the effort.  I attempted to decode the video with native LabVIEW code originally, but due to the 2.0's custom h264 implementation I could never get that working.  I ended up with a solution which uses an external DLL I compiled which uses the ffmpeg and libav libraries to decode the video stream and send the raw picture data back into LabVIEW.

This is a beta version that I have minimally tested on my machine and a few others.  I can't guarantee it's functionality, but this may offer a solution to some people who are looking for native video streaming in LabVIEW.

If you guys have issues with this version please post them here and let me know.

Thanks!

Note: This BETA version requires the Microsoft Visual C 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86) to be installed

Justin D
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
http://www.ni.com/support/
Message 1 of 4
(13,005 Views)

Thanks for your effort!

Just a note for everybody: This will not work with Labview 64bit platform. You have to install Labview 32bit so you will get this working.

The older version worked with both, but now the decoding dll that has been developed is only compatible with 32 bit version of Labview.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(8,061 Views)

Hi!

Is this beta version still available? When I open the file, VIPM shows up and nothing happens. I need to integrate the video strem into LabVIEW to somehow use image processing.

Thank you!

Fixed - there was a problem with VIPM

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(8,061 Views)

hi 

I also have the same problem. My labview can't get the picture from the ar drone. I have tried the justin D's toolkit but i don't see anything on the VIPM. Can anyone tell me how to solve this problem?   

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,967 Views)