From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

[IDLE] ALVIN

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intro

Hi ALVINers

Thanks for changing your date for me, that's very kind of you.

So that I can avoid the boring "this is me" type slides, I thought I'd introduce myself here.

First wrote machine code in mid-1980s - (8051 - GPIB- RS232 protocol convertor with LCD screen, love to find it!)

Wrote lots of other languages before LabVIEW, got LabVIEW forced upon me in 1996 (LV 4.01)

Studied Software engineering as post-graduate from mid 1990s

Joined SSDC in 2000

Wrote A Software Engineering Approach to LabVIEW in 2001-2 (This talked about subjects like State Machines, QMHs, Configuration. MVC and applying OOA for the first time in the LabVIEW world)

Now write a blog Random Ramblings on LabVIEW Design (Spoiler alert I've written about this presentation)

Been a LabVIEW Champion for 5 years and a CLA for 9. Chaired the first European CLA Summit.

SSDC has been an NI Alliance member for 17 years (I think). We are ISO9001:2015 accredited and do work in Maritime, Military, Aerospace, We're a bit bored of test systems, so tend to do distributed systems more now.

Personally I'm an old English punk rocker who lives near Downton Abbey, my accent is funny (posh cockney). Married with 2 lovely grown-up kids and 3 dogs.

My presentation style is rapid, chaotic and swear words do slip out occasionally. I've presented all over the world, mainly at CLA summits and NIWeek.

My User group in Newbury UK is CSLUG.

See you next week

Steve

Steve

Opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Fab,Joerg and Brian amongst them):
DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshop

Random Ramblings Index
My Profile

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(3,300 Views)