Denver - ALARM

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sept 2021 Meeting

LETS GET THIS STARTED AGIAN!!!

I figure the only way to get this back started is to actually get it back started. 

The meeting would normally be on the third Thursday which is the 16th. 

I'd like to actually have the meeting if at all possible. Last year in Sept we had it at CU, does anybody know if they'll let us meet there this year?

Who can update the page to have this years dates and places, I can't?

Who can organize food delivery since Tim is gone? I can do it if necessary but does anybody know if NI has budget for this anymore? Who at NI would I ask?

I'll also set  this up as a ZOOM meeting is people are not ready to meet in person. 

I have an idea for a presentation. I hope there's some pent up demand to present so if you have anything please let me know. 

Thanks

—Ben
Prevent your computer from sleeping programmatically!
Use Power Requests
Download from GitHub

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,659 Views)

I'm in. Who else is in?

Sam Taggart
CLA, CPI, CTD, LabVIEW Champion
DQMH Trusted Advisor
Read about my thoughts on Software Development at sasworkshops.com/blog
GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,608 Views)

Tom Ferraro is the new NI person who replaced Tim.  Has anyone spoken with him about ALARM yet?  

Jamie Olive

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,601 Views)

Meeting:  Sounds good to me.  Just say where.  Or we could do zoom.  My daughter's High School is having a C19 outbreak, but she's okay so far.  (She and I both had C19 six months ago.)

RE:  Keeping your computer from going to sleep:  It's been years since I looked at the program, but back when we taught LabVIEW at the Summer Field Session at Mines, part of our "classroom status" program (written in LabVIEW of course), had a "wait loop" and would periodically open a command prompt and do a simple "who am I" type of question, then close the prompt.  The command prompting kept the computer awake.  

~~Les

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,594 Views)

I think it's now too late to setup anything in person but I'll get a Zoom meeting together. Like last year, I'll use a ticketing system. I'll make a new post when I have it all setup.

I'm planning on talking about the new NI system for making all-in-one installers.

Does anybody have anything they'd like to talk about?

—Ben
Prevent your computer from sleeping programmatically!
Use Power Requests
Download from GitHub

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,573 Views)

Hey Ben,

I'll be presenting at GDevCon in October on using SystemLink for LabVIEW and TestStand deployments. I'm thinking their might be some overlap with your presentation for the ALARM meeting this week. Message me if you'd like to have a quick chat before the meeting.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,559 Views)

Planning to attend.in person.    6:30???Confirm location please.

Phil Gold

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(1,887 Views)

Did someone grab all my GDevCon stickers? I couldn’t find them when O went to leave?

Sam Taggart
CLA, CPI, CTD, LabVIEW Champion
DQMH Trusted Advisor
Read about my thoughts on Software Development at sasworkshops.com/blog
GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(1,850 Views)