From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Denver - ALARM

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPU programming

I have a client here in Colorado who is interested in trying to program some calculations to take advantage of parallel processing in a GPU.  I'm working with him on the data acquisition program in LabVIEW.  This new project would be for some analysis routines and could be done in LabVIEW or another language.  Basically, he needs to do some radiative transfer calculations.  He runs 100,000 photons through the same set of Monte Carlo calculations for a given set of conditions (atmospheric altitude), then runs them all again at another altitude.  The outer loop, setting up the atmospheric conditions for each altitude, could be in LabVIEW or MatLab or C or whatever, and the inner Monte Carlo calculations would be on the the GPU.  I'm vaguely aware of the LabVIEW toolkit for GPU programming via CUDA. Interestingly, this toolkit only interfaces LabVIEW to existing CUDA code written elsewhere.

Is there anyone here in Colorado who has experience with GPU programming who would be interested in discussing this project?

Thanks,

DaveT

-------------------------------------------------------------
David Thomson Original Code Consulting
www.originalcode.com
National Instruments Alliance Program Member
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Certified Embedded Systems Developer
-------------------------------------------------------------
There are 10 kinds of people: those who understand binary, and those who don't.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,987 Views)

Hi Dave,  Sounds cool and we're happy to help (i'm with AccelerEyes).  We do this kind of stuff all the time.  I'll send you a private note to discuss.

-John

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,068 Views)