From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Denver - ALARM

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Continuous Integration Demo

Ed couldn't make it last night, so I did a CI demo I've working on.

CI is the ultimate automation tool for automating your development process.  You can automate VI Analyzer Tests, Unit Tests, Building, Deployment.  Anything you can think of.  In the next 5-10 years it will be as ubiquitous as Source Code Control is now. It's not as hard as you think it is.  Don't let it overwhelm you.  Get ahead of the curve.

Here is a link to a zip file with the files from the demo and some instructions.  I plan on recording it at some point, so I'll probably post that once I do.  The instructions assume a little basic knowledge of git, powershell/cmdline, and navigating the Gitlab interface.  Gitlab has tons of help resources and most of you are smart enough you can probably figure it out on your own, but if you have specific questions about the demo, let me know and I'll try to answer them on here.  A Gitlab account is free so it doesn't cost you anything to go play around with it.

bit.ly/sascidemo

If you like the idea of automating your process and want to talk about setting custom CI to meet your particular needs, let me know. We'd be glad to help you out.  We can set up an appointment to talk about it.

Sam

Sam Taggart
CLA, CPI, CTD, LabVIEW Champion
DQMH Trusted Advisor
Read about my thoughts on Software Development at sasworkshops.com/blog
GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(2,989 Views)