From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Denver - ALARM

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Colorado Springs?

Hey everyone!  I'm in the process of likely migration from CVI LabWindows to LabVIEW.  I'm having a hard time connecting to NI sales on this (no reply?!) or a rep in my area.

Do any of you have names or contact info for someone in the area that can come make a sales pitch to my engineering group?  Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,116 Views)

It doesn't look like you've gotten a lot of response! Bummer.

I'm a huge fan of LabVIEW. Have been for decades. Unfortunately, your potential transition has come at a rather strange time for NI. As you've discovered, we basically have no local tech resources from NI available any more.There's a chance that will change in the next year or so... A lot about LabVIEW "could" change, but I sure don't know what.

In any case, how can we help you in the meantime? Would you be interested in talking to some local non-NI resources? Consultants who have done a lot with LabVIEW? There are people who could help explain what LabVIEW could do in your situation, but all without official connection to NI. Well connection, but not as employees. No authority to speak for NI.

-------------------------------------------------------------
David Thomson Original Code Consulting
www.originalcode.com
National Instruments Alliance Program Member
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Certified Embedded Systems Developer
-------------------------------------------------------------
There are 10 kinds of people: those who understand binary, and those who don't.
Message 2 of 4
(1,062 Views)

I do understand that a lot is in flux right now with NI, with the recent acquisition by Emerson.  That's what's pushing me away from CVI finally.  That's a bittersweet transition, as I'm a software guy and have ben developing in CVI for 10 years now.

But the more I look at LabVIEW, there are a variety of enticing features to sweeten the prospects of trying to change.

Sure, I'd love to connect to local devs.  "Boots on the ground" are probably better perspectives anyway.  If you or anyone else is interested, let's set up a time to chat!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,058 Views)

Dave just pointed me to this thread. If you DM me your e-mail, I'll have my Director of Operations, Taylor, set up a meeting for you, me, Dave and whoever else (John?) wants to join us.

If any other consultants/partners on here want invited, just send me an e-mail or DM. It's not meant to be exclusive.

Sam Taggart
CLA, CPI, CTD, LabVIEW Champion
DQMH Trusted Advisor
Read about my thoughts on Software Development at sasworkshops.com/blog
GCentral
Message 4 of 4
(1,041 Views)