3D Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kinect 2 - Haro3D VI Library

Normally, you shouldn't have to specify the dll path the way you did. Your executable will work only in the specific case.

Start with something simple. Open one of the examples provided with the library (the depth example is a good one). Save it in a new location (don't change anything). Create an empty project. Add the VI you just saved and the correct Kinect20.Fusion.dll. Add a build for an executable. Add the VI you just saved as the startup VI, and the Kinect20.Fusion.dll as "Always included". Build, and then run the executable by right-clicking and selecting "Run". Make this example work first. If you cannot make it work, it probably means there is an issue with your computer, or it might be related to some sort of security software.

Image below illustrates what I said.

Good luck.

Clipboard01.png

Marc Dubois
0 Kudos
Message 51 of 73
(5,083 Views)

Good Morning Marc,

Seem like I have no luck with win10, stiil showing the same error. But  I managed to get it work on a machine running on win8.1 . Just wondering what could be the problem , it's due to LabVIEW 2015 or Windows 10 os ?

0 Kudos
Message 52 of 73
(5,083 Views)

What does not work? I can confirm that the Haro3D library works with Windows 10 and LabVIEW 2015 without problem. Have you tried to compile the example VI? Does your Windows 10 machine meet the requirements? Some security software can block the dll's.

Marc Dubois
0 Kudos
Message 53 of 73
(5,083 Views)

Hi Marc,

I took a video (below link) on what I have mentioned before.

Starting of the video show the problem I face in getting the exe to run. Toward the end I manage to get the exe to run, but only after I "removed" the data directory and search for the dll manually in order to get the exe to run.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1JNI1hYyTbldjBuZFJhN2FRZWs/view?usp=sharing

Hope this give you clearer picture on what I have been describing so far.

0 Kudos
Message 54 of 73
(5,083 Views)

I have made a short video on how to build an executable from one of the examples. There is not much to it. If you exactly follow the video below, and you still have problems with the dll, it means that you have a problem with your computer or with the installation of the library or Kinect drivers. You might try to reinstall the library and the drivers. Make sure that the Kinect drivers are installed before you install the library. Good luck.

Marc Dubois
0 Kudos
Message 55 of 73
(5,083 Views)

hello,

i am using window 7 (32 bits). and labview 2015 . i am downloading this toolkit from VPM but unable to download. kindly help me out with this problem.

0 Kudos
Message 56 of 73
(5,083 Views)

Hi jawadamin,

Thank you for your interest in Haro3D.

what is exactly the problem? You cannot find the examples or the HaroTek palette? It would help if you could be more precise about the nature of your problem. Maybe you can describe the exact steps you tried and at what step you got a problem

Notice that you will not be able to use the kinect with Windows 7. The Kinect V2 requires Windows 8 or 10.

You can see a video on how to access the examples at: www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1FX-xGRmJQ

You can find the HaroTek palette in the Addons sub-palette of Functions palette in the block diagram.

To access the examples and the HaroTek palette, you need to properly install the library using VIPM. See the text below  and the related numbers in the figure below.

Hopefully it will help

- When connected to the internet, start VIPM and type "Haro3D" in the search field (1)

- Select the Haro3D line when available (2)

- Select the version of LabVIEW where you want the library installed (3)

- Click the install button.

VIPM_install.png

Marc Dubois
0 Kudos
Message 57 of 73
(5,083 Views)

Is it possible to scan an object to receive information about height, length an width in mm?

I have to scan a kind of floor map (Dimensions LxWxH in mm 2300x1000x14). 

0 Kudos
Message 58 of 73
(4,818 Views)

Hi Gizzl0r,

As it is often the case, the answer is yes and no. The Kinect has the ability to scan its environment. It uses a recognition algorithm to track the movements of the Kinect so that a 3D object can be reconstructed. This capability is included with the Haro3D library (fusion). However, for regular objects, like a floor for example, the algorithm is likely to fail because it requires the presence of 3D features to be able to track its position. It is better suited for "natural" objects. Also, the Kinect V2 driver has a bug when trying to integrate the colors with fusion. This bug has not been fixed by Microsoft (there had been no new release of the driver by Microsoft since the original release of version 2.0, as far as I know). I think that it can be fixed but I have not received enough interest from customers to dedicate time to this. In any case, I am not sure if the tracking algorithm would provide the accuracy you need.

Another approach is to replace the algorithm, with your own, or more efficiently, with a mechanical tracking. These two approaches require to play directly with the driver though. The mechanical approach is something that we have done using an industrial arm robot (see video below) for the Kinect V1. It worked pretty well even though not perfect. The main source of errors was the improper calibration of the robot, I think (robot must be exactly where it thinks it is). When we installed the robot, we did not pay enough attention to the details.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Marc Dubois
0 Kudos
Message 59 of 73
(4,793 Views)

Ok, but the mat i want so scan has the 3 Dimensions. Means i have a length, a width an a height. 

Is it Possible to scan the black mat in length an width, when i put it on a white floor? 

Sorry for my bad english

0 Kudos
Message 60 of 73
(4,786 Views)