From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

3D Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kinect 2 - Haro3D VI Library

The library is compatible back to Labview 2012. I have just downloaded and installed it on Labview 2012 just to be sure. It worked without any problem. I did not test with Labview 2013 (I don't have it installed on my system) but it should work. The depth_to_cloud_of_points.vi that was added to this document is only Labview 2014 though. Check carefully, there is probably a problem with your system or maybe VI Package Manager. Have you tried to download the latest version of VIPM?

Marc Dubois
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 73
(4,983 Views)

Installing the 2014 version of VIPM solved the issue. Thank you for the prompt reply. Hopefully i'll get some free time this weekend to start using your functions.

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 73
(4,983 Views)

Hello Marc,

Whenever I try to run your program I get the error that the "CoCreateInstanceFromApp" function can't be found in the ole32.dll.

I tried to place a new version of the ole32.dll in the same folder as your dll's, but that did not solve the issue.

Can you tell me how to fix this?

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 73
(4,983 Views)

I have seen that problem occur before when the Haro3D library is attempted to be used with an Operating system older than Windows 8 64-bit. The Kinect V2 can only work with Windows 8 (64-bit) or later.

Marc Dubois
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 73
(4,983 Views)

Please assist.

I have downloaded LabView 2014 (7 day trial)..... as my LabView pre-dates your requirements.

LabView 2014 comes with the VI package manager.

I double click on your    'harotek_lib_haro3d-1.0.0.5.vip'   file, and the package manager starts up, but simply does nothing.

VIPM then shows a range of packages on the internet, and I managed to install a few, but the Kinect2 is not on the list.

What am I missing? and why is this not on the list?

Running windows 8.1   64bit  (my kinect V2 is working with Visual studio 2013 no problem)

I cannot be sure if LabView 2014 is 32bit or 64bit.

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 73
(4,983 Views)

When double-clicking the .vip file, by default VIPM will show items on the Labview tool network. You need to go to Menu Window -> Show VI Package Manager. You need to scroll down to the product Name "Haro3D" (Company: "HaroTek"). If it does not show up, go to the Menu File -> Open Package File (s); and select the .vip file.

When Haro3D shows up, you can install versions for Labview 2014 (eithr 32 or 64 bits).

Marc Dubois
0 Kudos
Message 26 of 73
(4,983 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 27 of 73
(4,983 Views)

Thanks a ton Marc, I needed joint tracking for my Master's thesis and your library saved me months of work. Amazing!

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 73
(4,983 Views)

Hi Marc. Firstly, thanks for ceating these VIs. I;ve found them really useful so far.

I have a feature request. Would it be possible to make the mapping between the color image and camera space available in the same way it is with the depth frame and the camera space? My use case is I am using IMAQ functions to perform machine vision on the video stream from the camera to locate objects. I would like to map the object positions in the color image to those in the depth frame so I can have the distances to the objects.

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 73
(4,983 Views)

Thank you for the positive feedback. It is really appreciated.

Marc Dubois
0 Kudos
Message 30 of 73
(4,983 Views)