3D Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interest in new 3D Camera API?

Any interest for a LabVIEW toolkit for a 3D camera similar to the Kinect like Intel RealSense D435 or Orbbec Astra? Or another camera?

Reply to this post with your comment. If you don't care which camera but are interested by a toolkit, just Kudo this post.

Depending on the feedback, I'll decide which way to go (if at all...).

Marc Dubois
Message 1 of 12
(8,234 Views)

Hello, I am using the realsense d435 to do some projects now, and I am very interested in developing a realsense camera with labview.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(8,198 Views)

Hi,

INTEL Realsense has better hardware parameter, but it already has LabVIEW driver. What do you want to do?

CLD
CAU
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(7,933 Views)

The realsense SDK is ok, except:

Intel's labview dll wrapper is about 8 revisions behind the latest SDK release.

There isn't any labview support for the tracking camera (T265) yet.

The color camera doesn't work in the SDK's D435 example, you need IMAQdx.

It is good at building point clouds.

So yes, I would like to work on a library for realsense.  What holds me back is not understanding the CMAKE examples.  I think the latest SDK can be saved as a dll using CMAKE.  Maybe someone could help me understand that.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(7,525 Views)

I am working with the D435, The functionality of the wrapper supplied by Intel is very limited. 

I am very interesting in Labview driver for the RealSense.

Thanks

Gabi

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(7,376 Views)

What are the features you would need that are not provided by the wrapper provided by Intel?

Marc Dubois
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(7,372 Views)

The Intel example uses SDK 2.11.  2.11 doesn't support the tracking camera T265.  It also doesn't support the color camera on the D435.  The color camera can be accessed if you have Vision Development module, but that costs $4k.  The latest release is 2.21, does support the T265, but I don't know how to rebuild the dll with CMAKE.  I also don't know how to get the two cameras D435 and T265 to work together in Labview.  That is, to use the orientation of T265 to automatically transform the point cloud data of the D435.   

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(7,315 Views)

I would greatly appreciate the inclusion of the Azure Kinect DK once it is available.  I understand the hardware is not yet available, but I think this could be a great opportunity.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(7,044 Views)

Hi sir, 

the error and warnings: subvi is not executable   when i open the demo provided by NI?

Have you met this kind of problem and how to handle it?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(6,685 Views)

Hi Lions_King,

If you want to get an answer to your problem, you should give explicit details about what device you try to use and what driver and demo you have problems with.

Marc Dubois
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(6,668 Views)