From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delayed Start with PCIe-6535B

Hi 

I need to delay the digital generation (around 10ms) after the trigger comes up on PCIe-6535B.

This board does not have teh Start Delay feature and it does not have any counter to use for generating the delayed trigger. 

Is there a good way to generate a 10ms delay on these boards apart from wrinting tousands of 0s in the buffer?

thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,044 Views)

Hey,

Since your board does not support the Start delay property node and there also no counters for generating the delayed triggers, writing 0s in the buffer is actually the easiest way to do this. If you really want to avoid doing this there is a possible workaround:

Use your trigger to start generating a signal: for ex. A Boolean Array with False values and a True at the end (the number of false values will determine the delay). This Digital Output will work as a trigger for your actual digital generation (in this case for ex. Start Digital Edge Rising).

Please let me know if this was helpful for you. 

Kind regards,

Andreea

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,938 Views)
Thank you.
Unfortunately I cannot use any digital lines for other things than signals, all are used.
Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,843 Views)