USRP Software Radio

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which NI Toolkits can be used with the USRP?

Which NI Toolkits can be used with the USRP? I am thinking of the NI Bluetooth Measurement Suite, NI FM/RDS Measurement Suite or all the other toolkits under http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/12588.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(7,989 Views)

Hello YYYs,

We do not have any official documentation of what toolkits work with the USRP or what the experience may be like. 

A co-worker mentioned some time ago that the Bluetooth and Zigbee toolkits would not work out of the box since they are geared more towards our RFSA and RFSG devices.  We have had success with the GPS simulation toolkit (when used with an external clock source and a few VI modifications to use USRP instead of RFSG).

I took a quick glance at the RM-RDS toolkit and it also looks to be heavily developed for RFSA/RFSG devices so it also suffers the same drawback as the Bluetooth and Zigbee toolkits.

Anthony F.
Staff Software Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(7,985 Views)

Potentially any LabVIEW add-on toolkit will work with the NI USRP driver. The question is whether or not we include examples and datatypes that make it easy to do so. For instance, we include datatypes and a variety of examples that show how to use the Modulation Toolkit, but don't include any examples for the Advanced Signal Processing Toolkit.

I hope that this helps,

--Sam

Sam Shearman
Message 3 of 6
(7,969 Views)

Hey, in principle, how would one port the ZigBee toolkit to USRP from RFSA/RFSG? Does it boil down to identifying the RFSA/RFSG modules in the block diagrams and replacing them with correpconding USRP blocks?

Thanks,

Filip

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(7,520 Views)

Any updates on this? Does NI Bluetooth toolkit works with NI USRP?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(5,784 Views)

Bluetooth signal is bursty. NI-USRP doesnot support IQ power Edge trigger, so we need to detect the burst in the acquired signal and feed to the NI Bluetooth Toolkit API to analyze the Signal.

Message 6 of 6
(4,878 Views)