Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

crio 9012 modbus

Hi there,
I want to build a communication between cRIO 9012 and HMI program (CIMPLICITY) with modbus ethernet protocol. How can I configure the cRIO controller for this?
Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(5,468 Views)
This should help you get started:

Do LabVIEW and LabVIEW Real-Time Support Modbus?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(5,466 Views)

Hi dwisti,

The page is about to connecting a device with labview. I am asking for the inverse, how can I connect cRIO-9012 RT with CIMPLICITY (or a standard modbus protocol). I do not have any labview application at the PC side.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(5,464 Views)
The cRIO 9012 runs Labview RT, heres a quote from the link:

"LabVIEW Real-Time (RT) for LabVIEW 8.0 include built-in Modbus support via the Modbus I/O server. The Modbus I/O Server allows you to easily link Modbus register values to Shared Variables."

The cRIO can either be a Modbus slave or master and is implemented with Modbus I/O server.  Shared variables can be connected to the Modbus I/O server.  You do not need Labview on the host computer.  Any Modbus compliant device will be able to communicate with the cRIO 9012.

Is GE Cimplicity a Modbus slave or master?

Message Edited by dwisti on 09-27-2007 08:10 AM

Message Edited by dwisti on 09-27-2007 08:13 AM

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(5,464 Views)

GE CIMPLICITY is a modbus master and the protocol is modbus rtu or tcp (both can be used)

I built a project code and define a modbus slave server at cRIO RT and bind a variable to 400001. But when I tried to connect there is no change at the variable. Do I have to do any extra settings for this?

Message Edited by MuratG on 09-27-2007 04:32 PM

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(5,456 Views)
Sounds like your on the right track.  For a quick test, you could try a differnet Modbus client other than Cimplicity.  Modpoll is a free command line modbus tcp client you can use for a quick test.

The following command will read the 16-bit integer 400001. Replace the following xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx with the IP address of your cRIO 9012.

modpoll -m tcp xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx -t 4 -r 1

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(5,443 Views)