From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My XP machine doesn't recognize my PCIe-8371

I just installed a PCIe-8371 into my XP machine my box doesn't recognize/acknowledge the card after rebooting, restarting, flipping off the monitor and cussing up a storm. Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,445 Views)
Hello,

So, just to make sure you are installing everything in the correct order, here are the steps to follow for this installation:

1.  Turn off everything
2.  Install PXIe-8370 card in SLOT 1 (controller slot) of the PXI-chassis.
3.  Install PCIe-8371 card in the computer
4.  Turn on PXI-1062Q
5.  Turn on PC
6.  Turn monitor back on, stop cussing
Also make sure you have PXI Platform Services, installed on your machine.
Scott
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,430 Views)

Also, if you haven't connected the chassis yet, you probably won't see anything even if the card is recognized.  The PCIe card will show up in device manager as PCI bridges, but they're considered system devices and you won't be prompted to install them.  They won't show up in MAX at all.

If you want to see them, open device manager, view devices by connection, and start expanding a few things.  In XP it goes something like this: "ACPI Multiprocessor PC" -> "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant System" -> "PCI bus" -> "xx Root Port" or maybe a generic bridge -> "PCI Standard PCI-to-PCI bridge" -> "PCI Standard PCI-to-PCI bridge".  The last 2 bridges are the NI PCIe-8371.

If you have the chassis attached there should be more stuff below that as well.  The other thing to check is the DIP switches on the card.  They should all be off.

- Robert

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,428 Views)