Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E series vs S series boards and code

Solved!
Go to solution

I have inherited a project that uses the PCI 6133 board. The code I found expects a tESeries C++ class in a target application (indicating "AIEX3.cpp" and "AIIRQ2.cpp" in header comments), whereas we have a tSSeries class defined in code that is apparently auto generated. In searching this site, I found a document for major differences between E, M and X series. My understanding is that the 6133 board is S-series. 

So I'm stuck with wondering what the differences are, how the code was generated, and why E series rather than S series code. It is possible that what I have found is a snapshot before the developer had anything complete. I appear also to be missing a "tDIO.h" file.

The previous developer did not keep documentation, or a code revision control system. Our system runs QNX.

Help greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,488 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sorterralee

Based on what you've described, that sounds like the NI Measurements Hardware DDK. ("aiexN.cpp" is the filename convention for examples, and it includes tESeries and tSSeries wrappers.) The support forum for the DDK is here: Driver Development Kit (DDK)

——
Brandon Streiff
ni.com/compactdaq · ni.com/daq
Message 2 of 3
(2,451 Views)

Thank you. I have successfully compiled the MHDDK examples found. It does not find the PCI card, but maybe there's something else I have to do. If I can't resolve that issue I will create a new discussion.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,429 Views)