Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCI-6133

Hi,

DaQ based on PCI-6133 suddenly stopped working on one of our computer.

I've installed all software (NI suite, LabView, drivers for NI PCI-6133 DaQ bord) on another computer and PCI-6133 DaQ board on PCI bus of this computer. Also I used BNC-2100 with PCI-6133. For test I used pulses generator with sine pulses F=1kHz, A=1V controlled by oscilloscope.

PCI-6133 is "working properly" in Windows and passes the self test with Measurement & Automation (PCI-6133 and BNC-2110 were selected in Measurement & Automation).

I hope problem with BNC-2100 was excluded last time by using other BNC-2100 wich worked with other PC-6133 properly.

Unfortunatly RESULT is following: I do not see pulses when I use Measurement & Automation and also with domestic software based on LabView.

Tell me please where is the problem? Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,742 Views)

Hello, 

Under what conditions does your PCI-6133 stop working? Is it during your LabVIEW program? If so, does it not work right away or does it fail after a while? Can you communicate to it using MAX and test panels? Has it worked before? 

When you say that you installed all software on one computer, but use the PCI-6133 on another computer, did you also install the DAQmx drivers on the computer which is using the PCI-6133 card? 

Have you been able to test the PCI-6133 card without the BNC-2100? Lets first determine if it is the BNC-2100 that is the problem or the PCI-6133. 

Thanks, and I hope we can get this resolved soon! 

Julianne K
Systems Engineer, Embedded Systems
Certified LabVIEW Architect, Certified LabVIEW Embedded Systems Developer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(3,727 Views)

hi, Julianne

thank you for your questions.

>Under what conditions does your PCI-6133 stop working?

It is worked properly for example last week. Next week when I tried to measure pulses shapes it did not worked. Nobody did touched  PCI-6133 DaQ this time.

>Is it during your LabVIEW program?

No. It do not working also with Measurement & Automation.

>If so, does it not work right away or does it fail after a while? Can you >communicate to it using MAX and test panels? Has it worked before?

It is worked properly all time (around 4 years). We newer did not tested it by other programs. We used PCI-6133 only with domestic LabView software.

>When you say that you installed all software on one computer, but use the PCI-6133 on another computer, did you also install the DAQmx drivers on >the computer which is using the PCI-6133 card?

Of course I've installed on another computer LabView suite and also all drivers for PCI-6133.

>Have you been able to test the PCI-6133 card without the BNC-2100? Lets first determine if it is the BNC-2100 that is the problem or the PCI-6133.

I can't use PCI-6133 without BNC-2100 because I have not equipment for this. But for test BNC-2100 I used another BNC-2100 worked with another DaQ properly. But PCI-6133 do not working with the both of BNC-2100.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,718 Views)

Hello, 

Thanks for the update. First of all, can you also tell me what you mean by "not working"? Does the pulse not show up at all? Or does the pulse not look like it is supposed to? 

I would recommend that you try testing some of the other channels on your PCI-6133 card, such as the analog input and digital I/O. Do these work? 

If your device just stopped working, it may be defective. You can call our support line at (800) 531-5066 or create a service request at ni.com/ask to generate an RMA (return to manufacturer) or to ask about the warranty on your device. Sincerely, 

Julianne K
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(3,710 Views)
Hello,

Thank you for your answer.

>Thanks for the update. First of all, can you also tell me what you mean by "not working"? Does the pulse not show up at all? Or does the pulse not look >like it is supposed to?

I have not pulses on PCI-6133 channels. I tested all channels with the BNC-2110 connected to PCI-6133. On noone channel I did not see (and also do not see)  the pulses.

>I would recommend that you try testing some of the other channels on your PCI-6133 card, such as the analog input and digital I/O. Do these work?

Thank you but I have not equipment for this. I have only BNC-2110.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,706 Views)

Hello, 

The BNC-2110 has connectors for analog input abd digital I/O. Can you try writing a value to the a digital output and check and see if this works? You can write a digital values to the outputs using Measurement and Automation explorer. Let me know if any of the other channels work. Thanks

Julianne K
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,694 Views)

hi,

Thank you for the good proposition.

I'll try.

best regards

Ruslan

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,690 Views)

hi,

>The BNC-2110 has connectors for analog input abd digital I/O.

>Can you try writing a value to the a digital output and check and see if this works?

>You can write a digital values to the outputs using Measurement and Automation explorer.

I have tested the digital outputs by Measurement and Automation. Unfortunatly I did not see changes on digital outputs. Only level of logical "1" +5V.

I tried to change logical "1" level  to logical "0" by Measurement and Automation and did not see changes, only stable logical "1". Also I tried to check the counter it is do not working too (without result).

Best wishes

Ruslan

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,684 Views)

Hi Ruslan, 

If you can located a multimeter to test the PCI-6133, it would be great if you test the outputs to that card directly. Ensure that the card is seating correctly and that there is no damage to the device. However, as I mentioned previously I suspect that the card may need to be replaced. Please call support to discuss replacement options. Sincerely, 

Julianne K
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(3,678 Views)

Hi Julianne, 

>If you can located a multimeter to test the PCI-6133, it would be great if you test the outputs to that card directly. Ensure that the card is seating >correctly and that there is no damage to the device.

>However, as I mentioned previously I suspect that the card may need to be replaced. Please call support to discuss replacement options.

Many thanks for your answers! I'll call support.

Best regards

Ruslan

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,668 Views)