Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I configure different voltage ranges for individual Analog input channels of PXI 7352?

Sir,

I am using the first two analog inputs of the motion control card PXI 7352 for my application. One is connected as a potentiometer feedback to Axis 1 and it is in the range +5V to -5V. I am using another analog channel to read the voltage from a load cell with the range of 0 to 10V.

In MAX, I can't able to configure two different ranges for individual channel of the motion card. Is there is any procedure to do that? Kindly clarify me.

Thanks,
Ramkumar. D
Soliton Technologies,
India.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,160 Views)
Hello Ramkumar,

For the PCI 7352, there is only one amplifier that is used for all of the board's analog inputs. This means that there is only one range that can be specified and it will be applied to each analog input channel.

If you want to have multiple ranges, you may be able to perform some signal conditioning before the signal reaches the board and then manipulate the data in LabVIEW or another programming environment to scale it to reflect the actual readings that were acquired.

Regards,
Scott R.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Scott Romine
Course Development Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,155 Views)
Dear Scott,

Thanks for your timely help. I will try it out.

Thanks,
Ramkumar. D
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,145 Views)
An arrangement of operational amplifiers (instrumentation amplifier or true differential amplifier) can solve this problem. You can 'shift' the output voltage of such a circuit by feeding the input signal to one of the inputs and a suitable voltage to the other one. I think any technician with some experience in analogue design should be able to build such a circuit. You will also need an additional power supply with two voltage outputs in the range of +/-12 to +/-18V.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,140 Views)