Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

function of Time Interval for Straight-Line polymove

Hey, I'm stille quite new to LV would like to know what  the Time Intervall property for a straight line polyline move does. 
I have an idea but am not sure. 

I tried to study the behavior using the "Offline Polyline Move" example.
As far as I've understood it, the Time Intervall specifies how many points are used to interpolate a line move form A to B.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,106 Views)

Hi schpongo!

Yes the Time Interval is used to solve the Profile. It specifies how many points are used to interpolate a line move. The Polyline move executes a series of straight-line moves. That means you add all single moves to one move. If you would run the single straight line moves one after the other you accelerate and decelerate before and after every move. Basically it is possible to get the transition between the straight line moves smoother with blending or you calculate the complete polyline move before you run it. The property Time Interval is necessary to calculate the trajectory points. Please note that you need more than the start and endpoint to run a profile because you have for example an acceleration and deceleration phase. The Time Interval is in seconds. The default is 0.001 seconds.

Regards,

Wolfgang

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,084 Views)