From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with DaqMx

Hello,

This is clearly not my field of specialty and I am not even sure I am posting in the right section. I am a physicist using NI cards to generate ouput for an experiment my team is working on. I am using Cicero Word Generator to control the cards, when I run the program I get the following error:

Spoiler
" System.BadImageFormatException: Could not load file or assembly 'NationalInstruments.DAQmx, Version=9.3.35.219, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=18cbae0f9955702a' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.
File name: 'NationalInstruments.DAQmx, Version=9.3.35.219, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=18cbae0f9955702a'
at AtticusServer.ServerSettings..ctor()
at AtticusServer.AtticusServer.Main() in C:\Users\Aviv Keshet\Documents\Software\Cicero-Word-Generator\AtticusServer\AtticusServer.cs:line 67

In the installation guide the creator of this tool says:

Spoiler

At a minimum, you will need to have working versions of the National Instruments DAQmx, VISA, and 488.2 driver libraries. These are required not just on the output hardware computer, but also on any computers running the Cicero user interface client. The latest bundle of these can be downloaded at http://www.ni.com/drivers/ . Almost all Cicero errors and exceptions are caused by not having the correct or latest version of the driver libraries installed (greater than or equal to the version that Cicero was compiled against), causing the .NET runtime to be unable to resolve various library references.

Important note : When installing all 3 of the above driver libraries using the downloaded installer, chose a “Custom” installation rather than a “Typical” one. Ensure wherever possible that  .NET Framework Language support is enabled for all versions of the .NET Framework (at the time of this writing, 2.0, 3.5. 4.0; Cicero is built around Framework version 3.5, but at some future point it is possible that this will migrate to 4.0).

I am running on a Windows 7 x64 machine, I have MAX 17 which is correctly detecting the cards, and I have NI DAQ 16. 

I hope I could find help with you guys.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,996 Views)

Hello Ragheedal,

Did you try to emit a signal first with MAX ? You can do it with the test panel as on the picture in attachment - my MAX is in french but it works the same.

Have a nice day

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,965 Views)

Thank you for the reply, actually it is working but in a strange way. This test panel did not work for me, so I created a virtual test task in the "Neighbouring Data" tab and then it worked, the problem is that only one ouput is working (AO0), even if I change the output in the task, the voltage only comes out of AO0. Here is a photo.

Thanks a lot

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,956 Views)

Dear Raagheedal,

I am surprized that is doesn't work with MAX as your PXI is well detected.

May you try to do the same operation with FGEN soft front panel ? It should be installed with MAX and it is doing the same as the MAX Test Panel.

Have a nice day

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,943 Views)

Dear Pierre, 

I do not think this is my problem, the NI chassis is well detected, the problem comes from something that has to do with the .NET framework I think, thank you for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,939 Views)

Did you solve the problem? I am now facing the same issue.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(1,999 Views)