LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview 5.1.1

I have installed Win 7 64 bit OS in my PC. Is it possible to install LabVIEW 5.1.1 with this version? or should I have Win 7 32 bit?

Thanks,

Kalpana

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,780 Views)

Hi kalpana,

you should not use LabVIEW 5.1.1 at all! This one is >10 years old and you will not get any support for it…

Please read this and that.

The first one starts with LV2009, the second one is in German, but still lists LV5.1.1.

Make your own choice!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,767 Views)

GerdW wrote:

you should not use LabVIEW 5.1.1 at all! This one is >10 years old and you will not get any support for it…

It is actually closer to 20 years old (5.0 released in 1998, 6i in 2000).  At least it has undo!

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 3 of 5
(3,739 Views)

I am convinced that most of the "nightmare" LV diagrams that are shown off as examples of terrible code were develop din LV 5.1 or earlier. Back then we had only Attribute nodes and no Property nodes. Attribute nodes HAD to live on the diagram that owned the FP objects of the Attribute nodes. Complex GUI were possible but the diagram of the GUI VIs we ginormous.

We used LV 5.1 for the GUI of a "loose parts detector" that went into the last Atomic power plant installed in the US. The customer insisted on a GUI that was similar to "tab pages". The issue was that "tab pages" had not been invented yet. So we had to use attribute nodes to control the visibility of every control on the GUI!

So embrace LV 6i at the very least.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,711 Views)

Hi

You need Win XP SP3 to run LV 5.1.1.

The LV installer does not work on newer versions of Windows.

The LabVIEW IDE will run just fine, but I am not sure hardware interfacing drivers will work.

You might experiment with something like VMware Workstation Player 15.x to host Win XP on Win 7. It usually worked fine.

You may also take your chances with Microsoft XP mode on Win 7. XP mode usually crashes though.

Regards

PS: There is a legitimate use for LV 5.1.1. It is the last version to load LV 3 code ..  

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,101 Views)