LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW 2017 code gives error on exit only for executable

I recently updated some code from LabVIEW 2012 to LabVIEW 2017 after a few small changes it seemed to be working fine in the development environment.  I then built an executable and it also seems to function just fine except that when I exit the program I get an error dialog or two.  I have attached the two error dialogs that I have seen.

Thanks!

Certified LabVIEW Architect since 2007
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,632 Views)

Hi David,

don't you think it would make more sense to attach VIs instead of just those error messages?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,513 Views)
  • So are you saying that before the  "a few small changes" it was NOT working in LabVIEW 2017?
  • What kind of changes did you do?
  • How are you "exiting" the program (stop button, [X] in the upper right, etc.)?
  • What does the program do? Does it contain drivers and interact with hardware?
  • Did the 2012 version run on the same computer or was there a change in hardware/OS?
  • can you show us some code?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,504 Views)

The code ran before making the changes, but this application talks to a PXI RT chassis and the file transfer functions had to be updated before they worked.

I can exit the program through a variety of means, when using the X in the upper right I catch and discard the panel close event and exit the software gracefully.  I also have an exit function on the menu that runs the shutdown procedure.  The stop button is intentionally hidden on the executable.

All of the hardware interaction happens on the RT system which this system communicates with over TCP/IP.

There was no change in OS and I've tried the application on 5+ computers all of which previously ran the 2012 version without issue.

The code is rather large and proprietary.  I was hoping someone might recognize those errors, but I might start chopping down the code to see if I can get the errors with a smaller piece that can be shared.

Certified LabVIEW Architect since 2007
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,479 Views)

What changes specifically did you make? Those errors mentioning the memory mean that you're just calling more memory than in alotted to LabVIEW. Are you use 64bit LabVIEW? If not, then changing to the 64 bit can give you access to more of your computers onboard memory for LabVIEW. Also did you add more variables or arrays?

The following document mentions some techniques to help your LabVIEW memory conservation. 

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/C3C516C11184AF3F862571B5006B46E1

Regards,

David Raji 

Applications Engineering 

National Instruments 

http://www.ni.com/support 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,408 Views)