cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Communication NI DCPower with PXIe-4139

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

after many hours of trial and error with the NI DCPower driver I finally manged to get the functionality I wanted:

With LabVIEW 2014 and the NI DCPower driver I am setting DC current steps in a sequence while measuring the exact current and voltage values set by the PXIe-4139 after each sequence step and fetching the values saved in the buffer (Measure When Property = Automatically after Source Complete).

My problem is that the communication or rather the sequence takes way too much time.

According to the specifications (http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/376115e.pdf, page 11/20) the maximum source update rate is 100k per second.

A sequence of 3000 points in my VI (see attachments) takes about 100 seconds.

I am aware that I can quicken the sequence without measuring and fetching the exact output (Measure When Property = On Demand) but then still the sequence takes about 50 seconds.

About 50 seconds for 3000 values means 60 values per second...so how do I tap into the missing 99940 values per second?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,333 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author B1GB0SS

Update:

I could quicken the source update rate by explicitly setting the source delays for every point of the sequence.

Now I reach the desired source update rate.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,275 Views)