Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Acquire data from multiple (different) instruments

Hello there, it's my first post in the NI forum so i'll try to be as brief as possible.

I have 5 or 6 instruments to acquire data and I'm done with using 192832764 different programs to read it all, so, I want to create a VI that incorporates all of them (only 2 of them now, just to try it out).

Question: Is it possible? Since they have their labviews drivers like Yokogawa WT210 and Fluke Hydra Series II.. (both connected through RS232.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Rennan.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,626 Views)

Of course it is possible.  I have test systems communicating with 3 power supplies/mainframes, 1 electronic load mainframe, 1 DMM, 1 oscilloscope, and then a ton of PXI equipment (mostly switches, DAQs, and DIO).  How to architect your code depends on exactly what you want.  For a simple test system, a State Machine usually works well (or use TestStand to do it all for you).

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 5
(2,617 Views)

Thank you for your reply! I'm happy to know that it's possible!

So, how could I put all these reading drivers together, since I'm a beginner with LabVIEW, I look forward to know how/where to start this! I'd be grateful if you could light the way, a little! Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,610 Views)

The simplest way to communicate with them would be to use a very simplistic VISA driver.  Use the state machine idea mentioned by Crossrulz and feed that into this setup and you should be off and running. 

Help the Community (and future reviewers) by marking posts as follows:
If it helped - KUDOS
If it answers the issue - SOLUTION
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,561 Views)

Thanks guys! I think a got this now!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,522 Views)