From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPIB-RS232 all lights yellow

Dear Colleagues

I probably have a problem with my GPIB-RS232 converter. For some time all lights on its front panel  lit in yellow and I cannot communicate with my power supply. I tried to reset the converter but I do not see any reaction. After swiching off and on again all lights lit pernanently in yellow (see atached photos). How do you think, is the converter damaged?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,491 Views)

I also have a unit (SN 1517A20) that has been in service for >5 years with this exact same problem.  

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,613 Views)

It was informed, after about two months, by NI service in Hungary (the converter was send there from Poland for service) that the converter is definitely damaged (mainboard main chip).

As a result I decided to buy a new one. After mounting the new GPIB-RS232 in our EBIS system it was confirmed that the old one was the source of all our connection problems (first random and then permanent).

Best regards,

Darek

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,595 Views)