From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

kl3m3n's blog

Community Browser
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kinect in Labview using PCL - Point cloud library (C++ source code, dll, Labview example)

Klemen
Active Participant

Hello,

I have not posted in a while so I guess I am a little bit rusty. For this reason, the following post will be really short. Actually the content is nothing new (check my first post), but I am attaching the source code, built dynamic link library (which can be called in Labview) and a Labview example.

The built .dll acquires (calibrated) 3D point cloud and corresponding RGB data (already aligned, so it can be directly overlaid over the 3D data) in VGA (640x480) format. You can modify the source code to get other resolutions (QVGA for example).

You need PCL 1.6.0 to be able to run/modify the example. The .dll was built using Visual Studio 2010x86.

My next post will be talking about point cloud registration (also in Labview using PCL). I have used ICP (iterative closest point) algorithm in one of the previous posts to align two point clouds, but no coarse alignment/registration was made prior to the refined ICP registration. So in some cases, the alignment using only ICP is incorrect (mostly for greater degree of transformation - rotation and translation - between two successively acquired point clouds).

Best regards,

K

P.S.: In order to see the depth image, you can wire the Z-coordinates to the "Intensity Graph" in Labview.

https://decibel.ni.com/content/blogs/kl3m3n

"Kudos: Users may give one another Kudos on the forums for posts that they found particularly helpful or insightful."
Comments