LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tst

Add "Add Element" and "Remove Element" to the Index Array context menu

Some resizable primitives (Build Array, Compound Arithmetic) have an option in their right click menu which allows you to add or remove elements:

Compound.PNG

The Index Array primitive is notably absent from that list. It would be very useful if we could add or remove elements like this:

Add Element.gif 

Active Participant
One thing I would change from your gif is to add the input where you right clicked.  I believe most of the other ones behave this way.  (If I'm just making that up, then they should behave that way too.)
--
Tim Elsey
Certified LabVIEW Architect
tst
Knight of NI Knight of NI
Knight of NI

That is exactly what the animation shows. The bottom row was moved one down because a row was added in the middle. Note that the wires themselves are bent because the entire row was moved down.

If you remove a row which has something wired into it, those wires will break, similar to how it works today on the other resizable nodes.

P.S. I didn't check, but this might also be relevant to the other resizable nodes in the array palette.

P.P.S. The example animation says "add input", but I feel that it should actually add a full row (like the animation shows). There is an argument for adding either an input or an output, depending on where you clicked, but I feel that use case is rarer.

Oops, I didn't see the bend in the wire.
--
Tim Elsey
Certified LabVIEW Architect
tst
Knight of NI Knight of NI
Knight of NI

Actually, this should probably apply to all resizable primitives.