From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JackDunaway

Variable Speed highlight execute

Now available in LabVIEW 2023 Q3

Title says it all. Have a slider or pull-down that increases or decreases the highlight execute rate.
17 Comments
simplemaan

I'm not sure about rewinding, etc, but I've really wanted the execution highlighting variable speed slider.

There are ways to get around slow bubbles by using breakpoints efficiently to skip ahead, but one situation has me really wanting a variable execution speed: if you are watching a loop progress and you know that your issue doesn't occur until after several loop iterations.

You can set a breakpoint on an object inside the loop, but then you have to click through every iteration, which could get old very quick.  Maybe add code to test the iteration count and trigger a case structure with a breakpoint inside of it, I don't know, but it would be nice to be able to just move the slider to "faster", let the loop progress for a while, then move it back to "slower" and check on it again.

Let me also point out that there is a feature similar to this in TestStand that has a slider on it to speed up or slow down test routine execution speed.

tst
Knight of NI Knight of NI
Knight of NI

Maybe add code to test the iteration count and trigger a case structure with a breakpoint inside of it,

As I mentioned in the other thread, you can handle this today with a conditional probe.

Since this thread popped up again, it reminded me that I wanted to post a possible UI that I was thinking I'd like. (Note: I'm not actually working on this feature. This post is from me as a LV user, not me as a LV developer.)

Exec.png

Jaysha_18

I want this option in LabVIEW. Many times I want to run some section with high speed and some really slow.

This idea sounds really nice.

Christina_R
Active Participant
Status changed to: In Development

Christina Rogers
Principal Product Owner, LabVIEW R&D
Christina_R
Active Participant
Status changed to: In Beta

Christina Rogers
Principal Product Owner, LabVIEW R&D
Christina_R