DIAdem Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JoshRew

Configurable Default View Graph Settings

Hello

Thank you for your request. R&D has read this suggestion and it will be included in feature planning discussions for future DIAdem versions. But because of the huge numbers of possible DIAdem extensions and the fact that just a few sponsors are supporting it, we gave this request a low priority.

Greetings

Walter

Rather than asking for a change to the "Repeat Marker" to plot all the points (we'd prefer "Repeat Marker" in DIAdem VIEW to be "Every N Points" where N = 1 rather than "Up to N Points" where N = 100), I think it would be great if we could have a configurable DIAdem default set of VIEW items that could be saved via usercommand, script, or a file configuration so we could conveniently spread it to our users.

This could include colors, points and/or lines, "Repeat Markers" configuration, line width/size/fill.

The "Repeat Markers" option is the most important to us because we have had users in the past who didn't realize that they were only seeing 100 points of their data, which can be a very bad thing (for example if you've turned off curve color and are looking for outliers in 150 points of data).  On the other hand, I can understand not wanting to plot 2 billion points on a graph, hence the ability for an administrative body (or individual users) to configure the graph defaults.

-Josh

2 Comments
Brad_Turpin
Trusted Enthusiast

Hi Josh,

I heartily concur.  Adding a user-customizable list of default display characteristics to VIEW and REPORT graphs is something I've wanted for a long time.  The "Curve Expansion" dialog has most of the needed items in it, but it only pertains to a small % of REPORT graphs.

Know that I will continue championing this,

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

Walter_Rick
NI Employee (retired)
Status changed to: Under Consideration

Hello

Thank you for your request. R&D has read this suggestion and it will be included in feature planning discussions for future DIAdem versions. But because of the huge numbers of possible DIAdem extensions and the fact that just a few sponsors are supporting it, we gave this request a low priority.

Greetings

Walter