NI Labs

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome to NI LabVIEW Ladder Diagram Editor

Since I am not sure which files I must attach I am attaching all files, Let me know if you are not able to see project.

0 Kudos
Message 31 of 46
(8,348 Views)

Mr. Darren Nattinger (CLA)

Are you still involved in this project Sir?

0 Kudos
Message 32 of 46
(8,297 Views)
Other than replying to some posts on this thread, I am no longer working on the Ladder Editor.
0 Kudos
Message 33 of 46
(8,296 Views)

Thanks for replying Darren, 

I wonder if you checked my message posted on 07-06-2009 12:43 PM. where the "not" and "not not" contacts display same program on ladder editor. Will you please advise?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 34 of 46
(8,277 Views)

Made a mistake should be color instead of program. Both mentioned contacts show same color either green or red simultaneously.

0 Kudos
Message 35 of 46
(8,276 Views)

It might be a timing issue, as the LEDs update at a constant rate of 100ms.  If your data is being updated faster, the LEDs may not register the value changes in time.  Also note that the LEDs are simply showing the value of the variable configured for that contact or coil...the LEDs don't reflect the actual logic of the contact/coil in that position.  Now that I think about it, I'm guessing this is the reason you're seeing the behavior you describe.

0 Kudos
Message 36 of 46
(8,268 Views)

Darren Nattinger, CLA,

Yes Darren, it seems to me that only the "Not Contacts" are never getting updated to reflect correct color or as you say they are not reflecting "the actual logic of the contac/coil in that position". These contacts are always showing same color as the "Not Negated Contacts" Any possibilities this issue might get corrected in the future?

Thanks for your reply

0 Kudos
Message 37 of 46
(8,266 Views)
When and if we rev the ladder editor, we will look into all issues posted on this thread.
0 Kudos
Message 38 of 46
(8,264 Views)

I just wanted to throw in one of my customer's feedback.  I am an alliance member and my customer is a PLC guy.  He doesn't like LabVIEW and is very hesitant to learn it.  He is very comfortable programming PLC's  I am quoting him a project using the Ladder diagram editor.  He is VERY excited about this.  I see this a lot with PLC guys not wanting to make the jump into LabVIEW. I think this is a good way to get them introduced to the LabVIEW enviornment with a language they are familar with.  I would agree with an earlier poster that to penetrate the industrial control market having a ladder diagram editor would be a good idea.  It is a very easy sell.

My $.002

Dan

Dan Shangraw, P.E.

0 Kudos
Message 39 of 46
(8,207 Views)

As someone who is a traditional PLC Guy in the industrial field, LabVIEW has a whole lot going for it, but to 'break' into the industrial field i am not sure a ladder diagram editor is going to really sway too many people. One of the proboems NI Has is competing with the $100 Programmable Bricks with the free (or very nearly) software from the likes of automation direct, LG  and well...that just doesnt seem to be the direction NI are headed. Perhaps if a Labview release Front end with all the IEC61131-3 languages being supported you might get a few more, but price point is always going to be a major factor.

For my money NI's 'in' to my world is the fact the Hardware is Way Way Way better than anything in the PLC Field and as a 'PLC Guy' the hardest part of my learning curve was (and is) the flexability of Labview compared to PLC programming Platforms, Sure i can do heaps more, but where do i start...And also the realisation that it is a 'Real' Programming language (you know like c/c++, ie.the hard ones) and not a simple one like RSLogix was a bit of a brown undies moment.

I guess that might be why all those research scientists seem to use it for Robotics, and those crazy RF boys use it for whatever the ****  it is they do, but for telling conveyor to start and stop, well, even i can do that. I am just not sure i need a $15000 software suite in order to do it.  hmmmm now if someone could make a labview editor for my OT thoughts that would be sweet. 

"sure there is more than one way to skin a cat, but a cat can only be skinned once."
0 Kudos
Message 40 of 46
(8,008 Views)