Life Science

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to measure Heart Rate and test for Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy (HCM) using SensorDAQ system

Hello,

For our BME senior project, we are acquiring ECG signals from a person using sensorDAQ system and then analyzing the signals to measure heart rate as well as test for HCM. We've created a VI for measuring the heart-rate but the values that our VI gives us make no sense (1500, 721, 5000...). I've attached our VI with this message, can someone please take a look at it and tell me what we are doing wrong?

Also, we want to test for HCM in the ECG signals, indicated by an inverted T wave. How do we go about doing that in Labview?

Thanks a lot!

Message 1 of 4
(9,543 Views)

I found a VI (attached with this post) in this discussion forum which seems to do a very good job of calculating the heart rate. How do we modify  this to work with our sensorDAQ system?

Thanks! 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(9,542 Views)
I've never used the SensorDAQ product, but it appears you would replace the DAQ Assistant express vi with whatever functions come with the SensorDAQ to acquire and read out the data.
Randall Pursley
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(9,535 Views)

Hey there - which university are you with?  I'm curious to know who is using LV for biomedical teaching/projects out there.  Also, please visit our NI Biomedical User Group at www.ni.com/biomedusers - there's more stuff there that may be of help, including the Biomedical Starter Kit (free download).

Steve

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(9,532 Views)