Components

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CompactRIO Waveform Library

Has anyone had issues with the example cRIO Wfm Examples.lvproj and associated VI's not installing with the Ver. 4.1.0.9 installer?  

Neither the lvproj nor the supporting VI's appear to be installed on my machine in the location mentioned on the overview page, or anywhere else for that matter.  Does anyone have the source files for that project that they could zip up and post?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 101 of 115
(5,127 Views)

Sorry about the confusion. We will work on updating the online documentation.

The cRIO Waveform Library is now installed to C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW xxx\vi.lib\NI\cRIO Wfm

The example project is now installed as a Sample Project in your LabVIEW environment and can be opened from the Create Project... option in the launch window.

cRIO Waveform Sample Project.png

authored by
Christian L, CLA
Systems Engineering Manager - Automotive and Transportation
NI - Austin, TX

Message 102 of 115
(5,110 Views)

Great, thanks for your response, I found all the files where you mentioned.  It does appear that the file-name of the project has changed from the original that is included in the Add-On Description screenshot, but the content (vi's) appear to be the same.

Thanks for your help Christian.

0 Kudos
Message 103 of 115
(5,098 Views)

Hello there, first of all, I would like to thank you all for this great tutorial..

The document (http://www.ni.com/example/31301/en/) contains two example programs which demonstrate how to synchronize the vibration and tachometer measurements based on Delta Sigma NI C-Series modules (NI 9234). But my goal is to perform order analysis using cRIO 9022, by acquire the vibration signals and the analog tachometer signals with the NI 9215 module. as I can only this non delta sigma module, I'm not sure of what parts of the FPGA code I should take out..

Can you tell me how to edit the project downloaded from that same document to be able to acquire vibration and tachometer signals ?

Appreciate your help 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 104 of 115
(5,062 Views)

Dear experts,

I’m just starting to use this library to acquire data from 4 channels. I need to acquire 10 seconds at a rate of 100 kS/s. I’m using cRIO 9074 with a 9215 module. However, using the Finite Acq for SAR example, I cannot acquire more than 7s of data.

Is there any buffer, hardware limitations? What changes can I do to solve this issue? I’m used to work with DAQ solutions that were much simpler for data acquisition. However, now I really need to use cRIO and I’m getting lot of difficulties.

Really appreciate or help on this.

0 Kudos
Message 105 of 115
(4,994 Views)

Hello,

I am using the waveform in the Sbrio 9627 and we found some error in the way that the library acquisition the data. I think it is a problem from the library. The problem is the nexts:

If we acquisition the data in high frequency, eg fs 10 Ks, and the input signal has a frequency of 4.4 KHz. then when we applied the FFT to this signal there are a lot noise around -40db.

I thinks, it is possible that the library make some cheater between the different data acquisition that could produced this error.

Have someone also this error?

0 Kudos
Message 106 of 115
(4,695 Views)

Hi,

We are very interested by this package.

We need to evaluate the performance to determine the number of channel and the rate. I have seen the different result of the Continuous Acquisition Benchmarks but I am not able to find the code used for these benchmark. When I examine the project example, I didn't find any code to stream the data to a remote host through TCP/IP.

Could we have more information on the way used to bencmark the stream over TCP/IP ?

Best Regards,

Hubert R.

0 Kudos
Message 107 of 115
(4,549 Views)

Hi Hubert,

I have used this library and my own code to develop a cRIO 9068 based application, logging data to cRIO with shared variable communication to a host at upto 12.8kHz for around 28 channels.  Beyond that I had problems with logging to the cRIO, and didn't optimize further since that met our needs for our application.

Hope this helps.

Neville.

0 Kudos
Message 108 of 115
(4,541 Views)

Hi Neville,

Thanks for this information. We are using too a 9068.

In the benchmark result, for the stream over TCP/IP with 9068 we can see between 40 and 45 channels at 51,2kS/s (and a very poor performance with the stream on disk : less than 10 channels).

As we want to record, at least, 6 channels at 100 kS/s (which seems to be compatible with the benchmark result) during 12 hours, we need to optimize the networked stream. For this reason I am interested by the code used for the benchmark.

0 Kudos
Message 109 of 115
(4,530 Views)

Yes, I also have the same problem

the library makes cheater between between the different data acquisition.

0 Kudos
Message 110 of 115
(4,523 Views)