BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excel Board

File attached....

Have gone thru FAQs and examples. (And also 4 parts of 'Creating a Report in Microsoft Excel Using the LabVIEW Report Generation Toolkit'. Unfortunately this document is not clear enough for me.)

Have task of modifying rows of the same excel sheet, number of times without touching data  already present (numbers and strings)

I have an excel file. (attached)
A test will be run N number of times.  (n and N<=17)
SubTask 1 --> Each time it runs, string data needs to be placed in 'n'th row. (...there are going to be notes in Row 18 and row 19)
SubTask 2  --> Each time it runs, a 1D array data also will be placed in the same row (but in different cells)
SubTask 3 --> The number 'n' of the row (where to place the current iteration's data) needs to be determined on fly (by looking at "n-1"st non blank row)
The same file needs to be used.
How can above be achieved ?

thanks
Sandeep
Message 11 of 91
(30,360 Views)

I'm sorry sandeep but you will have to post this question in the Labview or appropriate forum. This board shall only be used to link to a discussion thread or to post VI's that already do a specific task.

Thank you. 

Joe.
"NOTHING IS EVER EASY"
Message 12 of 91
(30,365 Views)
Here is a very handy piece of advice for anyone who is unsure about how to do something in Excel with ActiveX.
Message 13 of 91
(30,178 Views)
Here are another few useful pieces of advice on Excel and ActiveX.

Points of note: Ensuring that you close all references in the reverse order of opening them

"Note that any function which returns a reference opens a new reference (Ranges need to be closed too)" - seems obvious, but I missed it until I read this.

Thanks to Steven and Shane for the info.
Message 14 of 91
(30,088 Views)

In this thread

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&message.id=218543&a#M218543

Michael Monroe shares another method that lets you do this!

Ben

BTW Michael has posted many MS office type solutions. If you can't find what you need in this thread, search through Michaels postings.

http://forums.ni.com/ni/view_profile?user.id=7764

PS: Great work all on putting this thread together!

Message Edited by Ben on 12-05-2006 07:40 AM

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 15 of 91
(30,052 Views)

Here is a nice description on how to select an existing worksheet either by index (number) or by name:

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&message.id=135193

Message 16 of 91
(30,059 Views)

In this thread David Crawford posts an example using VBA with Excel from LV.

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&message.id=218856&a#M218856

Ben

PS Nice to see you back LJV. Smiley IndifferentSmiley HappySmiley Very HappySmiley TongueSmiley Wink

Message Edited by Ben on 12-05-2006 06:56 PM

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 17 of 91
(30,143 Views)
I haven't used it, but you can find an Excel toolkit here.

Here is a post where i give an example of inserting a row into an excel file.

Joe.
"NOTHING IS EVER EASY"
Message 19 of 91
(29,753 Views)

Hello

Can anyone help me in copying the contents of a cell in Excel and paste to the a wrod document. With the VI in the above message i was able to get the contents in a cell in excel , but as a table. When i directly connect the output from array to spreadsheet string to a specific position in word it does not work. Can any one help?[ I have attached the vi for it below]

Nghtcwrlr

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 20 of 91
(29,700 Views)