From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's confirmed.. 2012 is the end of the world...

@jcarmody wrote:

@Ben wrote:

Can I get my license for LV 2012 pro-rated since it will not be of any good after December?

Ben

Just pay for it with a credit card and make minimum payments until then.

You have obviously been scheming thinking about this longer than I. Smiley Wink

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 229
(11,198 Views)

Ben wrote:

Ben 

I saw an episode of "Wife Swap" where a prepper family was buying stuff on "no money down, pay nothing 'till 2013" deals.  January is going to stink for them.  😛  (...or us)

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

Message 12 of 229
(11,196 Views)

@jcarmody wrote:

Ben wrote:

Ben 

I saw an episode of "Wife Swap" where a prepper family was buying stuff on "no money down, pay nothing 'till 2013" deals.  January is going to stink for them.  😛  (...or us)

I guess we find out in January if they were the smart ones or not. If it does not work out for them I am sure they will just claim bankruptcy and make us all pay for it.

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 229
(11,185 Views)

Yes I have this conscience thing that keeps me from exercising those tricks so I just play by the rules.

I heard a funny observation from "Frank" of Independence USA who said;

"If I'm wrong, I have a bunch of new skills, tools and a lot of extra food. If they are wrong, God help them!"

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 229
(11,180 Views)

@Even Deejay wrote:

Here in Norway I enjoy 15-20 degrees celcius in the sun, while it should have been snow and around -10 degrees celcius. We only had two winter months. It started to snow in december, on the first day of Christmast we had +10 degrees and i February the snow was gone. 

Some weeks ago, I heard that in the middle-east it had started to snow in Israel.

6b4.jpg U mad, Israel? 

Our very short winter was about the same.  Snow late December (just in time for Christmas) and it was gone by early March.

Whatever it is, it's nice.  Gatta turn on the air conditioning if it keeps this warm.

I never expected to drive a convertible in March!!  LOL!

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 229
(11,159 Views)

I couldn't be more jealous, Ray.  It's still winter here in the Pacific Northwest.  My yard was covered in snow less than a week ago, for pete's sake.  Today's nice, and tomorrow is supposed to be nice too -- mid 50's and sunny -- but guess what the weather forecast is for Sunday?

Bleah.

Sure, we still play soccer in 37-degree drizzle (we're mostly natives, clearly), but the general consensus is that we're getting tired of being cold.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 229
(11,145 Views)

Chicago has been busing all sorts of records this March. Overall our winter was extremely mild with above average temperatures and way below average snow fall. This month we have already had 8 days in the 80's which is about 30 to 35 degrees over average. We have fer surpassed the record for the number of 80 degree days in March (last record was 2) and have now tied April's record. We have cooled off a bit but we are still in the 60's and way above average.

It isn't often we can run around in shorts in Chicago during March.

Mark Yedinak
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 229
(11,142 Views)

Broke records here for snowfall too.  Or lack thereof.

Rode near West Yellowstone/Island Park (MT/WY/ID border) about a month ago.  While the snow was good, it wasn't nearly as deep as it has been in years past.  Buddy owns a guide/rental outfit in town and says this is the least amount of snow he's seen since he moved there.

Should have been 3-5 more feet out here...

What happens when there's 3 less feet of snow... stumps, rocks, and other unfriendlies don't get covered.  Ow. Cat Mad

10 days of riding this year.  Boo. Smiley Mad  (I usually get 30-40 riding days in a season)

Really worried about this summer if we don't start getting some moisture... Mountain snow is the source of water during the summer.  Floods and fires are bad mmmkay?

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 229
(11,137 Views)

Nice sled.

The lack of snow this year and ice (frozen lakes / rivers) must have been horrible for snowmobilers in this area.  As a matter of fact, there were many that went through the thin ice.

Wonder if the magnetic fields are changing on the planet.  Maybe we need a LabVIEW App for that..  😉

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 229
(11,119 Views)

It was, before the rod bearing let go Smiley Frustrated  Now it's a pile of parts in my garage, living room, kitchen sink, trailer...

Biggest problem this year was avalanches.  Without snow that sets up into a good base, there's big weak layers real deep in the snow pack.  Add some wind, and the weight of new snow on top of that, when those deep weak layers let go the slides are -huge-. 

Avys are scary. Cat Indifferent

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 229
(11,072 Views)