BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Stork Dropped by the Dunaway's...

Congratulations!  Libby is adorable! (Love the onesie!)

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 11 of 37
(5,679 Views)

It is always amazing when a tethered embedded system suddenly can run standalone. 😄 Congratulations to your family!

I knew there had to be a reason that you allowed me to almost catch up with you in the ideas exchange in terms of kudos count. 😉

Looking forward to all the new LabVIEW applications and ideas triggered by your new priorities: "Diaper full indicator", "baby monitor", etc. etc.)

Message 12 of 37
(5,669 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

It is always amazing when a tethered embedded system suddenly can run standalone. 😄 Congratulations to your family!

I like to think of it as a massively parallel, highly nonlinear, self-calibrating data acquisition and control system.

Message 13 of 37
(5,654 Views)

Congratulations!

*grin*  Love the shirt. 

---------------------
Patrick Allen: FunctionalityUnlimited.ca
Message 14 of 37
(5,649 Views)

Congratulations.  She is beautiful.  Joy to you and your family!

Message 15 of 37
(5,645 Views)

pallen wrote:

*grin*  Love the shirt. 

love the file name: LibVIEW.jpg 😄

Message 16 of 37
(5,639 Views)
Thanks to all for the congrats and kind comments!

@RayFarmer wrote:

gettting her use too LabVIEW  as well I notice Smiley Very Happy

That was her doing - she crawled up as close to LabVIEW as quickly as she could, Boppy in tow. Or at least, that's how I'll tell the story.

@Thoric wrote:

You think you'll have more time to post on the forums now Liberty is born?

Of course! (again, cue joke rimshot Smiley Tongue )

@jgcode wrote:

Solid beard too.

You call that a beard? That's my 5 o'clock shadow at 2pm - you ought to see my beard Smiley Tongue

@tst wrote:

That must mean you're not using the JKI state machine enough.

Lib's comment exactly!

@Ben wrote:

she will get a kick when she learns Libby shares a common middle name,

Yes, Elizabeth is a family name. It was hard growing up "Jack Elizabeth". (just joking)

@LV_Pro wrote:

They grow up faster than you can imagine, so don't put off for later. Playing with them, reading to them, just being with them. That's it

Spoken like a pro, great advice. Smiley Happy

@altenbach wrote:

I knew there had to be a reason that you allowed me to almost catch up with you in the ideas exchange in terms of kudos count.

It's on, now, buddy!

@altenbach wrote:

Looking forward to all the new LabVIEW applications and ideas triggered by your new priorities: "Diaper full indicator"

That's a simple one - wire a "T" constant to the indicator Smiley Indifferent And yes, we just depleted our initial stock of 144 diapers - I have literally changed a gross of gross. (But I wouldn't have it any other way Smiley Happy )

@altenbach wrote:

love the file name: LibVIEW.jpg

You're catching a few of the Easter Eggs Smiley Wink

Message 17 of 37
(5,633 Views)

Congrats.

Debugging can be tiring and takes up a LOT of time.  Stack overflows can be real stinkers.  And any requirements documentation you might have will remain in draft form for at least the next 18 years, so prepare to revise them often.  Of course as with any project, ample planning and a solid implementation will severely reduce maintenance time and increase the quality of the output.  But always remember that it's a multiple-developer project so you don't have 100% control on the outcome, you can just steer in the right direction.....

I'm assuming that was all understood?

Gratz again.

Shane.

Message 18 of 37
(5,623 Views)

OK, I'll say it, such a beautiful little girl Jack! Is she digging your facial hair?  Sending you best wishes from Austin and looking forward to more pics. Especially the one where you are eating out of her hand.....hunkahugs! 

Message 19 of 37
(5,622 Views)

good work, congratulations. And stay awake too long..

greetings from the Netherlands
Message 20 of 37
(5,605 Views)