From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Idea Exchange: Post your lonely orphans

If you use Diagram Cleanup at ALL, perhaps you are are bothered by the fact that it'll move the Iteration Terminal and Conditional Terminal in loops. Isn't it good Style to leave those in the corners? Here's my old Idea with just 18 Kudos.

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Idea-Exchange/Diagram-Cleanup-should-not-move-loop-terminals-option/...

Richard

Message 81 of 107
(4,973 Views)

I was just about to post something very similar to this. The idea is to drag a terminal to an event structure which launches the configuration dialog. See my comments in the thread for a variation.

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Idea-Exchange/Event-Structure-Dragging-a-Terminal-to-Automatically-S...

=====================
LabVIEW 2012

0 Kudos
Message 82 of 107
(4,940 Views)

This is a kind of idea for the Discussion forum (LabVIEW knowledge Development) since its not regarding LabVIEW its posted in Feedback

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 83 of 107
(4,907 Views)

Hi,

I often open files with excel by drag and dropping them in the program, and I still think this should be a default behaviour of Windows program (and so LabVIEW program !)

+++

V-F
0 Kudos
Message 85 of 107
(4,818 Views)

So needed in a modern UI programming environment (I am thinking of the FP part of the suggestion): Format-Painter-for-FP-and-BD-objects-think-Word-Excel-format

0 Kudos
Message 86 of 107
(4,764 Views)

Over a decade into the 21st century and we still have to specify our default connector pane in the ini file. ARGHHH!! I can never remember the correct syntax and have to decipher a jumbled mess of an existing ini file to find the correct command.

These ideas are years old but very popular ... and still VERY MUCH NEEDED. Please vote for this idea and this idea.

PaulG.

LabVIEW versions 5.0 - 2020

“All programmers are optimists”
― Frederick P. Brooks Jr.
0 Kudos
Message 87 of 107
(4,715 Views)

For a programming language which is primarily interfaced with the mouse, most widgets having a 2 or 3 pixel border is incredibly frustrating - espescially with nested arrays/clusters etc.

Add a handle / border bump that gives a larger target to right click!

(4,660 Views)

THIS IDEA! Very popular but 2 years old now. Still considered "new". 

PaulG.

LabVIEW versions 5.0 - 2020

“All programmers are optimists”
― Frederick P. Brooks Jr.
0 Kudos
Message 90 of 107
(4,553 Views)