BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Idea Exchange: Post your lonely orphans

Altenbach's excellent Idea below is getting old and lost in the shuffle. Revive it!

Text Labels on Graphs

Richard

Message 61 of 107
(4,705 Views)

Context help is a tree control for data structures including clusters and classes. Why did I call it "collapsible nodes" instead of a tree? Ah well.

So now I am working on a super top-secret project that uses a LOT of classes. It uses inheritance and composition and when I activate context help on the "main" class it is just crazy. Maybe I could create a RCF plugin that lets you export a structure to an XML file with a pretty stylesheet.

But I have no time because I need to finish my super top-secret project so I can release it to the general public.

=====================
LabVIEW 2012

0 Kudos
Message 62 of 107
(4,683 Views)

This idea for a JSON parser only has 19 votes.

=====================
LabVIEW 2012

0 Kudos
Message 63 of 107
(4,652 Views)

Worst Idea Ever?  I knew it would not be gangbusters, but zero votes??

Richard

0 Kudos
Message 64 of 107
(4,617 Views)

@broken Arrow wrote:

Worst Idea Ever?  I knew it would not be gangbusters, but zero votes??

To borrow a quote from Slashdot - First!

I don't use charts much but it looks like a good idea. It must have gotten lost in the noise over the holidays. Although it only got two kudos I think I hold the record for the Worst Idea Ever. It was declined the day after I posted it! I am not sure how to easily do a search to see if there were any ideas slapped down more quickly.

=====================
LabVIEW 2012

Message 65 of 107
(4,605 Views)

Steve Chandler wrote:

[...]. Although it only got two kudos I think I hold the record for the Worst Idea Ever. It was declined the day after I posted it! I am not sure how to easily do a search to see if there were any ideas slapped down more quickly.

But that's an important post to me. It was that post, actually the comments, that got me thinking about perhaps using globals again, after a 4+ year hiatus. Globals are not evil, just lazy. Smiley Tongue

Richard

Message 66 of 107
(4,597 Views)

Steve Chandler wrote:

[...]. Although it only got two kudos I think I hold the record for the Worst Idea Ever. It was declined the day after I posted it! I am not sure how to easily do a search to see if there were any ideas slapped down more quickly.

This one was slapped down in 36hrs- And lasted less than 20 minutes before Raven's Fan fatally stabbed it in the backSmiley Very Happy- I spent longer than that on the PNG's!

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 67 of 107
(4,589 Views)

That doesn't count as being among the worst ideas because it turned out that you found a bug. Smiley Happy Mine was declined as not a good idea.

So out of declined ideas that were not eventually moved to CARs or were duplicates I think I hold the record.

=====================
LabVIEW 2012

0 Kudos
Message 68 of 107
(4,584 Views)

OK, kind of Off Topic because this Idea is HARDLY lonely, but I just gotta say, what LabVIEW programmer would NOT want this? This Idea should be at 500+ Kudos. Come on gang...

http://forums.ni.com/t5/ideas/v2/ideapage/blog-id/labviewideas/article-id/3201/page/2#comments

Richard

0 Kudos
Message 69 of 107
(4,532 Views)

Here's one more I found -- being able to tab into and out of clusters:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Idea-Exchange/Tabbing-will-work-for-Clusters-on-Front-Panel/idi-p/92...

Almost 3 years old, and only 15 kudos - so far...

0 Kudos
Message 70 of 107
(4,508 Views)