BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random Posts (An alternate to side discussions)

When I am not actively developing I am often asked to review code for the sales people so that they can quote projects.

I have seen some real crappy code. A couple of weeks ago another senior architect came to my cube, looked at the code and said "I am sorry.".

But today I opened the top level VI and I found myself smiling. Code mostly fits on one screen and I can see a couple things that looked familiar. Some error handling functions and a stop flag that I developed!

Turn out the previous developer was one of the people I had trained and had re-used my code.

But there is just something nice about finding your creation where you never realized they went.

Ben  

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 1521 of 2,258
(9,219 Views)

Seen at Home re-connecting to the wi-fi

Capture.PNG

A: one of my neighbors has a odd sense of humor

B: The US Government isn't as smart as we would hope

Funny either way

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 1522 of 2,258
(9,206 Views)

@Ben wrote:

When I am not actively developing I am often asked to review code for the sales people so that they can quote projects.

I have seen some real crappy code. A couple of weeks ago another senior architect came to my cube, looked at the code and said "I am sorry."

Introduce me to the developer! I'd like to meet a LV programmer that can asses code smell that fast! I might learn something from that programmer 

`` yo! 8-ball What are the odds?~~

Did the sun rise yesterday in the east?

But today I opened the top level VI and I found myself smiling. Code mostly fits on one screen and I can see a couple things that looked familiar. Some error handling functions and a stop flag that I developed!

Turn out the previous developer was one of the people I had trained and had re-used my code.

Sweet!

But there is just something nice about finding your creation where you never realized they went.

Ben  

0 Kudos
Message 1523 of 2,258
(9,188 Views)

@JÞB wrote:

C: the neighbor wants to discourage hacking attempts. 😄

I've seen these all over the US, e.g. here's one from years ago while somewhere in Santa Monica (circa 2014).

0 Kudos
Message 1524 of 2,258
(9,180 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

@JÞB wrote:

C: the neighbor wants to discourage hacking attempts. 😄

I've seen these all over the US, e.g. here's one from years ago while somewhere in Santa Monica (circa 2014).

I take that as a vote for B. 

0 Kudos
Message 1525 of 2,258
(9,108 Views)

@JÞB wrote:

Maybe we should try some simple passwords such as "JEdgarHoover" or even "JEdgarHoooovah". 😄

(It would make sense to simplify nationwide operations by standardizing on AP names, etc.)

Curiously, once we are outside the US, we see mostly "CIA Surveillance Van". 😮

Message 1526 of 2,258
(9,145 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

@JÞB wrote:

Maybe we should try some simple passwords such as "JEdgarHoover" or even "JEdgarHoooovah". 😄

(It would make sense to simplify nationwide operations by standardizing on AP names, etc.)

Curiously, once we are outside the US, we see mostly "CIA Surveillance Van". 😮

Check your spelling

Now, if Brian doesn't kudos this post--I might have to spank him a little.

Message 1527 of 2,258
(9,141 Views)

All I remember is a liberal sprinkling of o's and silent h's. Who keeps count!

Message 1528 of 2,258
(9,136 Views)

If you can not beat them, then invest where you will make money when they do.

Warning the following should not be read by anyone that recoils at the mention of war. Being raised as a military kid and latter served myself, the idea of conflict is one that I grew up with.

Read at your own risk!

Spoiler

So let us pretend for a moment that in some strange far off land there were two countries that were going to war.

Where would you invest YOUR money so as to make a profit?

Do not hold back. Be creative and think outside the box. Share any thoughts serious of funny.

Ben 

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 1529 of 2,258
(9,080 Views)

Pb.  Or other heavy metals.  Pt Ur Au,

All far off lands are held by right of arms..  bring one of the above.

Outside the box,. I recommend pinewood.

Message 1530 of 2,258
(9,064 Views)