BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's confirmed.. 2012 is the end of the world...

@Hornless.Rhino wrote:

That'd be great spot for a geocache.

I find those every now and then and I'm not even looking for them. Smiley Very Happy

Fire bans have been in place for a while now; still see campers with fires going though.  I have a feeling there's going to be one or two *big* fires this year. Smiley Sad  Very dry winter, not a lot of snowfall in the mountains.  This year was the worst year for sledding since I've been riding.  Mountain snowmelt is where the water for the front range comes from... without that, it's going to be a very dry summer.

0 Kudos
Message 91 of 229
(8,583 Views)

Even the northeast is running behind in our rainfall/snowfall totals. The Adirondack State Park had less than 1/2 of the normal snowfall this past season, whereas the year before we were pushing records the other way.

Putnam
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Senior Test Engineer North Shore Technology, Inc.
Currently using LV 2012-LabVIEW 2018, RT8.5

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 92 of 229
(8,577 Views)

Bike runs again! Smiley Very Happy

New grips

New wheel bearings/seals/spacers

New muffler packing (smells terrible the first few miles, btw)

Greased swing arm and triple tree bearings

New sprockets/chain/slider/roller

New shifter

New front fender

New brake pads, new rear brake caliper (old one was seized up on the mount).

Need to roll the handlebars forward a bit, didn't quite get them where I want them.  Have a new rear fender, but I'm going to wait to put that on till I can put some design time into the taillight/light controller PCB's.  Probably happen after I move.

Long ride (~450 dirt miles) planned this weekend.  Highs in the mid-70s.  Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 93 of 229
(8,521 Views)

Almost a new bike..

I'm having a bad forum day...

Don't read the post enough before answering..  I've been posting jibberish..

And I have to wait another hour before the A/C guy shows up to turn on the air conditioning.

It's an oven in here!  

Too many computers in the office...  What's 40C in deg F???  ~100F...?? 

0 Kudos
Message 94 of 229
(8,508 Views)

@Ray.R wrote:

Almost a new bike..

Hardly... that's all regular maintenance stuff... KTM = Keeps Taking Money. Smiley Very Happy

I have a sneaking suspicion i'll need a piston and cylinder replating in the not-too-distant future... that piston's a beetch to get into the cylinder.

0 Kudos
Message 95 of 229
(8,506 Views)

Yes..  A friend of mine has or had a KTM and had to do the same thing 2 years ago.

I remember his description of replacing the piston.  If I recall, those engines run hot. 

0 Kudos
Message 96 of 229
(8,490 Views)

Ironically, I have come across this thread while enjoying a La Fin Du Monde.

0 Kudos
Message 97 of 229
(8,483 Views)

@for(imstuck) wrote:

Enjoyed some of that myself this past weekend with a French colleague! At 9% ABV, hope you've got some help on all 750 of those mLs! Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Message 98 of 229
(8,480 Views)

@JackDunaway wrote:

@for(imstuck) wrote:

Enjoyed some of that myself this past weekend with a French colleague! At 9% ABV, hope you've got some help on all 750 of those mLs! Smiley Wink

They make 12 oz also! But, yes this one was 750 ml and I always help myself :). I have yet to have a bad unibroue!

0 Kudos
Message 99 of 229
(8,463 Views)

UniBroue, that's like that basketball player has?

Putnam
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Senior Test Engineer North Shore Technology, Inc.
Currently using LV 2012-LabVIEW 2018, RT8.5

LabVIEW Champion

Message 100 of 229
(8,452 Views)